Another 5.0 EFI questions...thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
    A lot of people run the Speed Density set up and love it. Look at the bright side, if you run the SD set up, it will be the correct firing order.

But if you have (or plan to) modify your engine for more horse power, then you will want the mass air set up. The Speed Density set ups don't like engine modifications. It can't "adjust" for the mods. Just some more food for thought.
    The 86-88 mustang were speed density and had the HO/351 firing order. To get the 302 firing order you need to get speed density from a non HO motor.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
      The 86-88 mustang were speed density and had the HO/351 firing order. To get the 302 firing order you need to get speed density from a non HO motor.
      88 California Mustangs were HO and mass air.

I was thinking of crown vic, T-bird but you're correct about the the 86-88 non California Mustangs. They are HO motors.
      Last edited by crawlin68; 09-26-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

If I do any mods...it will include the option to increase the HP down the road. In fact, I'd like the exploder...I mean explorer engine so that I have the best foundation to build on. Having said that...$200.00 for EFI might be doable.

Anyone wanting it...here it is... http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/432358607.html
        Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Working...
        X