pto gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pto gasket

Thanks for the video Gil. I didn't get a pillow block with this one so maybe I need to start looking for more parts.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I don't recall if a one piece driveshaft would fit. I think the two piece driveshaft was for front axle clearance.
      I sold the PTO winch and bumper to a guy on classic for about $500. Paid for the C4 conversion.

Comment

Marc the one I had was not shimmed, just RTV. Worked good, no noise.
        Didn't you use it when your steering shaft snapped on Fordyce?
        All looked good when I sold it. Pretty sure your going to want the the two piece shaft to get it out of the way. Bolt, instead of weld, the pillow block so you can RnR the starter easier.
        Pops-pretty sure the tranny runs only at the input speed. Off the TC you get all your gears. 4th is hauling ass and granny low will break something quick if you let it.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
          I thought the PTO,s went on the trans, not the t-case.
          PTO's can be driven off the flywheel, transmission, front of the crankshaft and or transfercase. There are pluses and negatives with each one, depends on what it is being driven. Water pump for fire, hydraulic pump, winch, generator, etc.

My 02 F-250 Superduty has the automatic tranny that has a optional PTO case. It is amazing what you can buy when things are not purchased in California... (Montana)
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
          X