B.C. Bronco ¼ panel protectors and uppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. Bronco ¼ panel protectors and uppers

So I bought these a few months back and I finally found time to install them. I’m not much into posting but I do follow along with upcoming events, builds, sales and etc. I done some research on the B.C. ¼ panels and yeah they are not a perfect fit but pretty amazing that one can take a flat piece of 3/16 steel and get it that close! The upper guards fit pretty close to the B.C. panel so I TIG welded them in once I felt it was close. The problem I had was towards the front, both top and bottom fit looked good but at the radius bend I had about a ½ inch gap. I thought about buying new upper quarters $247 shipped from pnwbroncos.com or playing my cards. So after a few I thought what does fit perfectly on a 40 + bronco? I went ahead and cut out from left over material and burned in some filler. Pieces were then sanded down to remove some surface rust, counter sink holes and finally some bed liner spray.
    Attached Files

Re: B.C. Bronco ¼ panel protectors and uppers

Looks good!
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

AWESOME!

Glad they worked out for you.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That turned out great. My brother is facing this same issue. I love your color scheme
        Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-27-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Nice!! Did you drill and tap your uppers for your soft top rail? Or???
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Drilled all the way through using existing holes as template.

Comment

Nice. I've had an unmounted set of the 1/4 panels from the first order Chuck did. Someday my Bronc will leave the garage and need them.

Comment

Working...
              X