Temp Gauge Water Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Gauge Water Port

So I installed an electric fan from wild horses and the thermo sensor that came with it. Not seeing another spot at the time, I temporary used the water port for the temp gauge to install the new senor.

Now I want to reconnect the temp sensor but cant seem to find another spot. Is there only one water port on a 302, or am I just overlooking the other? If there is only on place on the intake manifold, does anyone have other ideas? Thanks in advance.
    David Rowe
    '74 Bronco Ranger, 351W w/ FiTech Injection, ZF5 5sp, Titan Blackbox Underdrive to Np205 TCase, Full Width Hi Pinion 44 & Ford 9" w/ disks, 4x4x2 w/ hydro steer, 23 Gallon Tank, Protofab bumpers and on-board air.

Re: Temp Gauge Water Port

I put a T on it's side in the heater line port and put the temp sender for my EFI in the top and the heater hose off the side.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I had my lower drilled and tapped.

Comment

I seem to recall most 5.0s having a large boss on the thermostat housing that can be drilled and tapped as well. Cheap junkyard option & an easy to get to location.
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I put mine in the port in the back of the manifold for my electric fan and had issues with air trapped and the fan not coming on because it's a closed off port with no flow. I picked up a t stat housing tapped with pipe thread from napa and it was cheap and solved my issues

Comment

Shouldn't the temperature sensor for an electric fan be on the radiator side of the thermostat?

Never mind I looked them up and see that some of the fan temperature sensors mount in the engine and some mount on the radiator. I agree with the previous posts, putting it in the thermostat housing seems like the easiest.
            Last edited by pippinmader; 07-31-2012, 10:25 AM.
            Build thread

Comment

Drill and tap the T-Stat housing. The hole is mostly there.

Comment

Working...
              X