ZF 5spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZF 5spd

would a 95 f150 6cyl zf 5spd would it work with my 5.0 or would i need a 302 one???

Re: ZF 5spd

that will work fine.
    John Foottit
    1970 Bronco 5.8SEFI, ZF S5-42, 203, 205, 5.38 Detroit'd Dana 60's, 38.5 TSL/SX's, 107" Wheelbase, Body Narrowed 6", Grill Narrowed 13", Body Stretched 9"

Comment

damn!!! found out its a mazda tranny bummer

Comment

any body have any leads on a smallblock ZF ??

Comment

I have a smallblock ZF housing. The transmission ran out of oil and locked up. Housing is good, if you can find a cheap Big block or diesel ZF, I can help you make it fit a small block. You will need to get a 50oz imbalance flywheel for your 5.0L
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Pmed you about the tranny housing

Comment

would my centerforce clutch for my np435 work with a zf?
              Last edited by country_boy_72; 07-30-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I don't think so... I just bought one and they list two different part numbers. Not sure what the difference is. But the later Centerforce for the ZF has a note that says "Do not use with cast iron bell housing" I don't know why... All the specs are the same... 10 spline input, 11" clutch, the only difference I see is the hydraulic throw out bearing on the ZF.
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

There is a ZF 2x4 transmission in a truck in the junk yard in Woodland. Also in the same truck there is a 1995 351w. They said $250 for the engine, I don't know how much for the transmission.
                  Build thread

Comment

There are some other parts required to make the big block to small block housing swap. And they ain't cheap! I found out the hard way

Comment

What's required? I have the whole small black ZF, it's just apart right now. I think the input shafts are different but should interchangeable.

Comment

Originally posted by country_boy_72 View Post
                        would my centerforce clutch for my np435 work with a zf?
                        My LUK works for me.
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

your luk clutch that you were using for a np435 also worked for your zf
                          will thats good to know thanks

Comment

Call Jerry who lives in Sacramento. He makes a living finding transmissions at Picknpull. He knows exactly what to look for and he found a damn near new small block 4x4 ZF for me, clutch & hydraulics included for a fabulous price. He knows what to look for and is a righteous guy. 916-534-3452
                            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Its the shifter pieces that are a killer. You can re-drill the shift rod for the roll pin but the shift finger piece runs about $150+ if you can find it. The input shaft also has to be swapped and your looking $125+ for that guy used. Plus you'll have to buy a hydraulic throwout bearing since the big block doesn't use the internal type.

You'll spend at least $400 in parts to swap to a small block housing.
                              Last edited by Hozr; 07-31-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X