Beadlock mounting Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadlock mounting Q

Took the 12.5w tires off the 8" rims and mounted them up to the beadlocked 10" rims. Have been letting them 'relax' out in the sun on 5 gal buckets, but they dont seem to want to drop down far enough to seat and air up. Do I need a helper to 'dance' on the tires some for seating? any other tricks?
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

So you have the tires mounted on the new rims? Or you're trying to get them on the rim? Got any pics?

Comment

Are tryng to seat the bead or are you trying to get the tire set so you can bolt on the lock ring?
      70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Try using three 5 gal buckets with the edges of tire resting on it lock side down and have someone stand on rim as you inflate it .Good luck.
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Trying to inflate/seat the rear bead, have the lock rings on. Thanks 69crawler, I'll try the three bucket and wife trick

Rick-
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I thought you only needed to place a ratchet tie down around the outer circumference of the tire. Ratchet down tight and inflate. The added pressure around the tire presses the bead tight against the rim so you can inflate and set the bead. Aaron
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Another thing to do is get the bead wet. This will help it slide, and get an initial seal.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Yep using soap and water to help, and the ratchet strap, sill a bit off. Gonna try the wife trick Sat
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Do you have Co2 tank? Take the valve cores out of the stems and give it full pressure shot of air. That should blow the rear bead on. Or you can use the ol' starting fluid trick.

Comment

I'll wait on the starter fluid trick till night time
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I always use the ratchet strap, sometimes 2, then bounce the tire up and down on the tread to help move it around.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                      X