lars bars fixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lars bars fixture

Need to revive this topic. I can get a good buy on Dom for the arms. I need to save some money for my other parts on my 1 ton build. Who's in and who has the "expertise".

Comment

Originally posted by 68olblue View Post
      Need to revive this topic. I can get a good buy on Dom for the arms. I need to save some money for my other parts on my 1 ton build. Who's in and who has the "expertise".
      Thanks, I was just wondering about this tread this evening. Wasn't there some talk of a Lars Bars build party? I brought the jig down to San Jose some months ago. I am ready for this to happen but bring no expertise.
      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

I'm going to call about some 2" .250 and 1 3/4" .250 wall tomorrow and get some quotes. Not sure if these are made from 2" or the 1 3/4"

Comment

I'll check with Jim G again to rattle his cage. He's been busy still, but will see if he's got some time some weekend soon. Been awhile, so it's about time.

On a side note (aka Hijack!), looks like we're getting together this week with a few of the Bronco brothers in the north San Jose/Fremont/Sunnyvale (the wherever to be decided) this week. Possibly Tuesday.

Posted a new topic in the Meetings forum, but wanted to mention it here.
          It's not a Lars Bars party, but it's still an excuse.

Paul
          Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
          www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
          68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

2" 1/4 wall seems to be the going thing. might be into help depending on where and when. I want another set.
            75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

I'd be interested in coming to a build party. no machining skill but i have moderate fabricating skills.

Comment

I'm able to get the 2" .250 wall for $8 a foot. 3-4 guys want in?

Comment

Not sure about the material for sure yet, but will let you know.
                  Is that 8 bucks a good price, or should we be looking still?

Talked to Jim at last night's get-together and he's up for doing the builds again. We just have to pick a good weekend to get it done.

You farther-away guys want to chime in with some suggestions there? Give it a couple of weeks for arranging, but post up some of your preferences in the near future and we'll see how it coordinates with what he's got to do.

Paul
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Depending on where the meetup is I'd like to make a set.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Give me a date and and place and ill see. Most weekends should be fine

Comment

How about the first or second weekend in December. It gives some guys enough time to plan and like me, save some $. How does that sound

Comment

Check Any7Offroad in San Leandro. They had pretty good pricing on tubing when I checked before the last arm build party. Since the bend is only about 7*, you can actually do it with a Harbor Freight pipe bender if you're careful.

Comment

Going to be in southwest San Jose near Hwy 85

Paul
                            www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Everything sounds good to me... especially some time to save

Comment

My job in Milpitas is ending soon. Hope I am still here for this event. Hope we get photos of this project.
                                Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X