lars bars fixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lars bars fixture

Im in for some tubing if you can get it for 8$ a foot. I need 8ft let me know
    Last edited by pipelayer; 10-19-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

In talking to Jim about this, it came up that he no longer has access to the bender that was used the last go-round.
      Anyone got a bender that can travel? Or know of someone that can pre-bend some of the lengths for us to we can do the finish fab at Jim's?

That's actually how it was done the last time anyway. Guy nearby bent the tubes and then all the fixturing and welding was done at the house.

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

im sure the harbor freight pipe bender would work with 1/4" wall to 8-9 degrease thats not much of a bend

Comment

the shoes are around 300$ for our bender. If we had enough people through in $ we could bend the tube for everybody but that is a steep price for a couple bends.

Comment

Agreed, but it might still be an option at some point.
            Looks like we have four or five at this point, so we can see just how many people are interested and work that out.
            Still looking to see if someone's already got the needed stuff though, to minimize investments.

Thanks. I'll re-mention it on the yahoogroup to see who's confirmed as wanting a set.

Paul
            Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
            68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Im going to order some DOM 2"- 1/4" wall soon its about 8.50$ a foot if somebody wants some let me know. It will take about 2-3 days to get

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by pipelayer View Post
                Im going to order some DOM 2"- 1/4" wall soon its about 8.50$ a foot if somebody wants some let me know. It will take about 2-3 days to get

Brian
                What length is it required for one set?
                Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Brian I might jump on your order if you don't mind. Count me in but I don't have a yahoo thinga ma jiggy. Hopefully we can get a consensus on either the first or second weekend in December. Looking forward to meeting a few more of you guys.

Comment

I think its just over 6ft for both, more like 6 and a inch or so if you want 12" longer bars, but you will need to pay for 7ft. I think if I remember correctly. DOM comes in random sizes from 18ft to 21ft we pay by the ft but they dont know how long they are before they come in. so 1stk will do 6 bars most of the time. Im going to order 1 for now but I want to make a extra set to sale so im in for 12ft. If somebody wants the other set let me know or if more want them I can order 2stx. But she makes me pay up front for special orders so no flakes.
                    Brian

Comment

I know its a drive but I believe WFO up in Auburn has a bender that can bend 1/4 wall for you guys. Might check with them.

Comment

good call
                        I also found through parts mike you can get the pipe and end welded on he said 99$ each after taking off the other joint. so for 2bills you get pipe and joint just need a little bend plus weld onto stock arm
                        http://www.partsmike.com/store/store...on=show_detail

Comment

Sorry to say but I'm out... I need to spend any extra scratch on tires.

Comment

I just spoke with Glenn at Tube Service in Milpitas/San Jose. He said I could get three 20 foot sticks of 2" 1/4 wall Dom tubing for $6.60 a foot. He will cut all 3 in 3 pieces (6.3 feet) for $20. I could pick this stuff up.
                            Last edited by Henry66; 10-24-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

looks like a good one Henry im in

Comment

Originally posted by pipelayer View Post
                                looks like a good one Henry im in
                                I'm ready to move on this. I will wait until next week to give people a chance to order. Or, if everybody gets in I will pick it up Friday. If anybody flakes I get their pink slip.

The electricians where I work have a nice tube bender but looking at the amount they throw in the dumpster I don't think they should get involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X