• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lars bars fixture

I got a pair of stock arms to donate if needed

Comment

I would sure like to get in on this if it is not to late.

Comment

just got my joints in today picked up 4 at a good price so im getting closer

Comment

I have a place in auburn that can make a good deal on parts mike joints under 50$ each thats with tube adapters and jam nuts plus 8.5$ a foot for the 2" DOM and he can make the frame mounts on the plasma table for under 30$ each. it will be less for all of it if we do a group deal. just a heads up
          offroad addiction 530-368-6912

Comment

I think I'm going to take Ol blue down the road to Offroad Addiction. Dylan is a really cool dude who built my roll cage already, does great work. If any of you guys want to get some Radius arms extended and don't have the time or know how, he can do some for $400, for the Heims Dom and the bend. Tell him Joey sent ya. (Insert Dr. Evil laugh here)

Comment

He is a cool guy the couple times I have talked to him. I will always try him firts before going other places.

Comment

FYI as I no longer work in the bay area I am out of the build party. The deal on the DOM is still available at the place I mentioned earlier in this thread. The person I spoke to there said the link below was a good place for bending.
                http://www.manta.com/c/mmddg70/san-f...be-bending-inc
                Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Has anyone with a full width Dana 44 used "Lars Bars" with it ? If so, what kind of modification did it take to make it fit.

Thanks, Bill

Comment

What kind of mods would you have to make? I had my Cage arms on my eb width 44 before I went FW. Unbolted eb44, bolt up fw44, no mods. Cage/Lars no different, except price.......
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I didn't know. Just thinking if the axle is wider (using a full width dana44 with the cast wedges) the length of the tubing needed to be longer before the bend, but it sounds like it does not matter.

Thanks for the input Jeff.
                      Last edited by Rank69; 11-29-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Well, sorry to let this go for so long guys. Might as well dredge it back up, since at least I'm still interested. Just haven't had the energy or really even the time, to deal with this kind of stuff for the past two and a half months!

I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging either. I kind of hoped someone would jump in and run with it, but that's no excuse.

In the meantime, has anyone (pipelayer? 68olblue?) gone any further with theirs?
                        Olblue, did you ever get Offroad Addiction to do anything up for you? If so, how'd it turn out?
                        Pipelayer, it sounded like you were moving right along with yours. Any finished product to report?

Anyway, thanks. Didn't intend to be a party-pooper.

Paul
                        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Resurrecting this thread...

Anyone know where my jig is? If I can find it the thing needs to journey to Arizona for awhile.

Thanks!
                          1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                          I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by JimGo View Post
                            It's at my house in a climate controlled chamber for safe keeping. Paul has expressed interest in another "Lar's Bars Party", and I am open to helping, or I can ship or deliver the fixture wherever needed.

Thanks again Lars!

Jim
                            I think it was at Jim's last year. I picked it up from you and took it there.
                            Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Should still be with Jim.
                              You have his number Lars?

Paul
                              www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

I e-mailed Jim just to let him know you were a-gunnin' for him.
                                He would have gotten an automated response from the thread too of course, but it was more fun giving him some stuff anyway.

Paul
                                www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                                X