Started the 4X4X2 swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the 4X4X2 swap..

The old 4X2 box came out pretty easy.. The biggest pain in the ass was removing the old frame reinforcement plate.. Spent most of the morning grinding all the welds from the P.O. Cleaned up the frame drilled the new holes. Now just waiting for drop pitman arm. I think I will bolt it up, drive over to someones house that can weld and have it done up.

Next will be the Hydroboost and TRO..

I kinda like the look of no front bumper..
    A
    Attached Files
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Are you using any frame reinforcing plates? I think I will be just in case.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Oh, and take lots of pics.
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
        Are you using any frame reinforcing plates? I think I will be just in case.
        Yeah I got the B.C.'s frame plate!! Now just wondering If i should make a plate for the inside frame as well.
        A
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Some pics of the new 4x4 box holes drilled. The grind marks to the right are where the reinforcment plate ends.
          A
          Attached Files
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I think I will bolt it up, drive over to someones house that can weld and have it done up.
            I will be around most of the weekend between soccer games. You can come over and use my tools to take it all apart and when you are ready I will weld it up for ya. I probably won't be able to wrench alot with ya since I got that project I need to make progress on but if that works for ya let me know.
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
              I will be around most of the weekend between soccer games. You can come over and use my tools to take it all apart and when you are ready I will weld it up for ya. I probably won't be able to wrench alot with ya since I got that project I need to make progress on but if that works for ya let me know.
              Thanks I just need to get it drivable.. (hoses/Pitman arm)
              A
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Aaron, check this thread out for a drop pitman arm.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=999
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Are you going to put sleeves through the frame? (One for each bolt)

Comment

Ya I have some 1" dom that I will be sleeving with. I just hate to buy a new hose/pitman arm when i will be doing my hydroboost next and TRO.

A
                    Attached Files
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Sweet!! Should be nice and strong.

Comment

What drop pitman arm is used on the 4x4 f-150 box?? Wich do i need???

78/79 bronco arm?

F-150 arm?

Thanks
                        A
                        Last edited by Daddy4zack; 10-17-2006, 10:04 AM.
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

4x4 box

Hey, I did this conversion on the 74' . Did you rebuild the box yourself?
                          Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse
                            Hey, I did this conversion on the 74' . Did you rebuild the box yourself?
                            No, I shipped it to "West texas offroad".. They did the rebuild and the conversion for EB steering.
                            Aaron
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

are you still looking for a drop pitman arm I think I have one sitting somewere
                              let me know
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                              X