Started the 4X4X2 swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco Brian
    are you still looking for a drop pitman arm I think I have one sitting somewere
    let me know
    yeah.. will pitman arms from Eb's, 4x2 boxes fit the 78/79 f-150 box?? I'll try to pull the stock one off my 4x2 box just too see.. But that wont be till later tonight..

Thanks guys..
    Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Should be the same since I have the orig one on my 150 box. I should have a drop arm also, just which box it's in is the question, gimme a call

Rick-
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick
        Should be the same since I have the orig one on my 150 box. I should have a drop arm also, just which box it's in is the question, gimme a call

Rick-
        Hopefully the arm will hold up better than the 4x2 box's you sold me..
        A
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Yes they should be the same! I test fit the stock pitman arm from my manual steering box on the my new 4x4x2 box and fits perfect. I carry it for a spare!

Comment

Anybody know what lines to get? will the 78/78 bronco lines fit the Sagnaw box? Does anyone remember what application they got their lines from? Shit Maybe I should just start the Hydroboost next and have the lines made once!! Thanks

Aaron
            Last edited by Daddy4zack; 10-18-2006, 03:35 PM.
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
              Hopefully the arm will hold up better than the 4x2 box's you sold me..
              A
              Sorry about that, all I knew was one leaked, bust them both? I'll go out and look for the arm tonight.
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Shipped pitman arm

Aaron the pitman arm should be at your house Fri. UPS Tracking #

1z950x350359551021 If you are going to a TRO soon why don't you just ship it back when done with it. that way it will still be around for someone eles that need one?
                Brian
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Aaron the pitman arm should be at your house Fri. UPS Tracking #

1z950x350359551021 If you are going to a TRO soon why don't you just ship it back when done with it. that way it will still be around for someone eles that need one?
                  Brian

You got it!! OR... Maybe we could get a group run to Cow Moutain..

Aaron
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

yea I have been thinging abought that but it is getting late in the season 6" of rain will close the hill till it drys out (48 hr no rain), so after Nov. its hit & miss. But I would like to host a run up there someday get the local Bronco guys up there too.Do an overnighter BIG BBQ Maybe even a few Jeeps
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

yea I have been thinging abought that but it is getting late in the season 6" of rain will close the hill till it drys out (48 hr no rain), so after Nov. its hit & miss. But I would like to host a run up there someday get the local Bronco guys up there too.Do an overnighter BIG BBQ Maybe even a few Jeeps
                      Next spring!! Let us know when its open..

A
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

pitman Arm

Aaron did the Pitman Arm work just wondering

Comment

Aaron did the Pitman Arm work just wondering
                          Ya it's on.. Now just waiting for a high pressure line.. .. Looks like the steering geometry is better now than it was before.
                          Thanks
                          Aaron
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Glad to help

Comment

What a "F" Up!!

Well got the power steering hose.. Rush home to put it on.. After awhile of fighting with the fitting on the box side .. Finally got it on.. Everything looks good. Went for a test drive and the pump whines like a cat.. ADDED more fluid and the whine go's away..
                              Seem's to have a small leak around the adapter and the hose at the pump end.. So I grab a 3/4 wrench and tighten things up a bit.. WELL... the adapter is brass and STRIPPS.. WTF!! Oil everywear... DAMN DAMN.. Off to Lowes tomorrow to find another adapter.. What a waste of a afternoon..

One trip around the block felt good!!

next time HOLD A 5/8 on the adapter while you tighten the Hose!!
                              Hope this helps someone else doing the swap..

A
                              Attached Files
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Ooops. Live and learn I guess huh? Did you bleed all of the air out of the system before you took it for a drive? That's hard on your pump to run it with air in the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X