Started the 4X4X2 swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crawlin68
    Ooops. Live and learn I guess huh? Did you bleed all of the air out of the system before you took it for a drive? That's hard on your pump to run it with air in the system.
    Hell no .. Just fill it and run.. OHHH...
    A
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Well after you put it back together again you need to jack the front wheels off the ground, fill the pump up with fluid, start the engine and watch the fluid level with the cap off of the pump. It will drop out of sight quickly, add more fluid until the level stabilizes. Now go and turn your steering wheel lock to lock. Slowly at first, then go check your fluid level again. Top off if necessary. Now go turn your steering wheel back and forth until you think your arm is about to fall off. Then do it some more. This will work all of the air out of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
        Well after you put it back together again you need to jack the front wheels off the ground, fill the pump up with fluid, start the engine and watch the fluid level with the cap off of the pump. It will drop out of sight quickly, add more fluid until the level stabilizes. Now go and turn your steering wheel lock to lock. Slowly at first, then go check your fluid level again. Top off if necessary. Now go turn your steering wheel back and forth until you think your arm is about to fall off. Then do it some more. This will work all of the air out of the system.

This is exactly correct, but rather than lifting the tires off of the ground I disconnect the drag link from the pitman arm. Familyman showed me this trick up on Fordyce when he came and saved my butt.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Either way I will try something after i get another adapter. Marc I have that 4x2 box for you.. Just leaks a little..

A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
            This is exactly correct, but rather than lifting the tires off of the ground I disconnect the drag link from the pitman arm. Familyman showed me this trick up on Fordyce when he came and saved my butt.

Ahhhhhhh.....nice!

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by earlybronco72

Ahhhhhhh.....nice!

Yeah, thanks Chuck for this method. Works awesome, and I have had lots of opportunity lately to use it lately. Looks like I will have two more times here soon. Once with the box from Aaron, and then again when I move the front forward, and use the box I got from Patrick. May wait until after the snow season though on moving the front forward. I would hate to miss the snow.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
              X