WH coils on the rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH coils on the rear?

Anybody using Wild Horses rockcrawler coils on a rear 4 link, can I get a measurement of static height of a mounted coil and what lift coil you are using? Also, any impressions of how they perform on the trail? Thanks, I currently have Aerostar rear coils and they are a little too soft.
    1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Re: WH coils on the rear?

I have 3.5" WH coils in the rear with one coil cut off the bottom. I have the ballistic adjustable coil towers and with a 2" body lift the top plate just clears the bottom of the wheelwell lip. I'll have to measure it when I get home. It seems to ride good and flex great off road. It squats about an inch or so when loaded down with camping gear but that doesn't seem to affect stability.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I've followed him on the road and it does look to handle really well.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I have the 3.5 WH coils on the rear also. Super flexy and holds a loaded bronco good.
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Just measured my springs. Static height is about 13 3/4" tall, but remember I cut a coil off at the bottom because during mock-up I couldn't get the back end down enough. IIRC that dropped it about 1.5-2 inches.

Here is an idea how much it will flex. I went over to Metal Cloak(jeep store) in Rancho Cordova and flexed it out on their CTI lifts, looking at their site it appears as though nobody has beat my score yet. I don't run sway bars, I do drive my bronco to the trail on the freeway and all I did for the CTI thing was air my tires down to 15psi.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            looking at their site it appears as though nobody has beat my score yet.
            CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
            Do they take wheelbase into consideration? I know I scored 1172 on the rti ramp at the Zombie car wash....
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Yes, they account for all the same stuff as with an RTI ramp but they say that CTI is more accurate and has less variables that can be fudged on. Just to let you know... My rear shocks are 15" travel and my fronts are 14" travel and I max them all out.... Good luck Ryan!

Comment

Measurements and pics please!

Comment

Here's a few pictures of the CTI lifts with my bronco on them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I used 3.5 wild horses rock crawler coils on the r of both of my linked ebs. I think they are 15.5" tall on the rig.

Here is a link to another asking the same questions you are

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...8&postcount=11
                    69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Thanks, that was exactly the info I needed. I sit at about 12 3/4" empty and am a little low, especially loaded for the trail.
                      1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

I have WH 3.5" and Ballistic adj coil towers on my 4 link. Works great with 39.5's. Ask anyone who followed me the last time I was on the trail ( I know, I know).
                        Going to do the same up front. Some day.........
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                        X