Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EFI In-tank Sending unit...what connects to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI In-tank Sending unit...what connects to this?

I have modified my Tank to accept the Explorer In-tank pump and sending unit for my EFI swap. When I bought the motor I got the complete sending unit so I thought why not use it.

Anyway, I don't have much knowledge about this stuff. I am looking for the fittings that will connect to the feed and return line at the sending unit. I searched google for images that shows a sending unit connection, but failed. The two lines have a lip near the end of the line and I assume something connects over the lip and locks the line in place. Is it as simple as a hose and clamp...thought clamps were no no on EFI...? Again, kind of duhhh...when it comes to this stuff.

My set up is very simple...

Tank Pressure feed from sending unit....In line filter....to fuel rail connection at motor...Return fuel rail connection at motor....to tank sending unit return connection.

Want to do it as cheap as I can. At the rail/motor end I think I know what I need, but it does depend on if I run hard line or pay up for hose and the fittings that would follow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 09-17-2012, 11:39 AM.
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Re: EFI In-tank Sending unit...what connects to this?

IIRC the hoses just slide over the nipples on your sending unit and there should be a little clip that keeps them from sliding off. I'm sure you could get them from Ford because junk yard ones may be brittle or missing completely.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
      IIRC the hoses just slide over the nipples on your sending unit and there should be a little clip that keeps them from sliding off. I'm sure you could get them from Ford because junk yard ones may be brittle or missing completely.
      Sorry...IIRC the hoses??

The second pic is the connection at the fuel rail.
      Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

All for high pressure lines are the same except the supply side at the fuel pump/sender. All lines Ae 5/16. There are some ford to an adapters available but to be honest, the ford ones are pretty simple to use. you'll need to go grab some from pick and pull.

The lines are the rail are are interchangeable, but there is some sort of diagphram thing on the supply side.

I took my bronco lines to my hydro line guy and had him. Make me some all new lines.

Comment

Still wanting to know what type of connector is needed to connect to the feed/return lines that stick out of the tank/sending unit end. Picture? What is it called. Its not a end that requires the little plastic tools to release. I think its an "orb" type connection, but...in the end I just want to know what I need to buy to connect to them.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

It needs a fuel disclosure tool, plastic or metal.

Lines are pictured above

Comment

These are the fittings I used with EFI hose.
              Attached Files
              1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

I think these are the fitting that will hook to the steel line. But you will still need to find some nylon tubing look at Scott Drake I think I seen some on his site.

Fittings
                http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Re...0026%2b2026026

Looks like a lot of parts you maybe looking for oine stop shopping

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.j...man+fuel+lines

SEE BELOW POSTS
                Last edited by Bronco Brian; 09-17-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: Adding more Info
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                  These are the fittings I used with EFI hose.
                  You can only use these hose clamps on the return lines...

You need to use the solid band ones on the pressure hoses... No little opennings in the clamp to dig into the hose and it is a more even squeeze
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/..._and_Fuel_Line

I buy the Ford connectors from Ron Morris in Modesto...
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                      http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/..._and_Fuel_Line

I buy the Ford connectors from Ron Morris in Modesto...
                      Thats the place I was thinking of I was way off on names. They sale fittings and hose
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

here are a few pics of the fittings

and my new lines from the sender to hard return and supply to filter

Comment

I still have no clue what I need...

The two metal lines coming from the sending unit/Tank that have a lip about 3/4" up from the end do not connect to any spring lock female connectors I have. So, the little plastic tool used to release such a thing would not work as far as I can tell.

Several people posted links but when you click the links it is for an entire website with hundreds of various end and none were specific. So, I'm still confused.

On the ron morris site there are "Duckbill" fittings and "Springlock" fittings. I know spring lock fitting will not work so...is it Duckbill that i need? I think not since it says they are for connecting to nylon hose.

Also on the Ron Morris site they have a piece of "bundy" line which is exactly what I have and am trying to connect to, but I clicked on it and it says nothing about what is used to connect to it...it says compression fitting, but that's how you connect the bundy fitting to standard non-EFI fuel line to make it EFI fuel line. What you connect on the other side...is what I can't figure out.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                            here are a few pics of the fittings

and my new lines from the sender to hard return and supply to filter
                            Yea.....That's it. I can see a lip built in that for the lip. And I can see how the little plastic tool would work with that. What are those called? Where can I get those?

I think this link takes you to the fitting I can buy from Russell. It says "For OEM hard line" quick disconnect and I think serves the same purpose as the stuff pictured above.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...fuel-efi.shtml
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 09-17-2012, 09:13 PM.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

NOTPRETTY,

I am in the exact same boat. I found these on summit and they fit perfectly on the explorer sending unit. While I am few weeks away from getting it running I think it will work with EFI fuel hose and the proper efi clamps (solid band). From the filter forward I used stock lines from a 93 F150.

I built the tank but used the factory sending unit and retaining ring. Here's a few links and some photos.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-800-082/
                              http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-800-080/
                              Attached Files
                              1972 w/Explorer package
                              5.0L Explorer EFI motor w/GT40P heads
                              M5R2 5 speed trans/NP205 t-case

Comment

Working...
                              X