Part #'s needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part #'s needed.

Hey, want to get some part numbers from you guys for the serpentine belt, 351W with Explorer front dress w/out A/C. The upper Radiator hose with the top on the passenger side. The lower hose and the inlet is on the driver's bottom side. My motor has the built in oil cooler at the filter. May need to remove the oil cooler?? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brad
    Last edited by 14Justice; 09-23-2012, 11:23 AM.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Part #'s needed.

Running all that plus A/C so no help for you (Serp Belt) I used a 89 Mustang for all hoses Hope that helps
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Thanks, I will look at 89 Mustang at the parts store.

Comment

You can use a piece of string to figure out the length and then adapt that to a part number. I would suggest taking the tensioner off or having somebody hold it out while you mark the string. Make sure that the string doesn't stretch because that will throw off your measurement.

Just a tip. A typical Goodyear belt with a part# 406407 would be a 6 rip serpentine belt that is 40.75" long. The last 3 digits in the part number are the length. The "40" is just a brand designation. If you prefer a different brand you can usually find websites to cross part numbers over to.

Goodyear Gatorback belts
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

That site is extremely helpful. Thank you. I measured it and have the measurments at the shop. Will get the measurments and get one to try! Where do you get the Goodyear belts? Are those decent?

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
            Where do you get the Goodyear belts? Are those decent?
            Yes that or Gates... Oreillys auto parts
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Goodyear Gatorbacks I believe are available at Pepboys, and yes they are great!... Gates belts tend to stretch really badly...
              Last edited by Efibroncoman; 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I just did that exact same thing you are doing (351 with explorer front with oil cooler and reversed inlet/outlet radiator)!

Belt:I went dumpster diving and found the belt part number : Gates K060866 (87.25 inches long).

Upper Radiator hose: Use the lower radiator hose from a 1986 bronco II (I think the one for the automatic) There is one for the automatic and one for the manual, you will know the right one when you see it, takes a little trimming, but it fits great.

Oil cooler/lower radiator hose: I used a champion CC522 radiator (reversed inlet/outlet) with the oil cooler from the explorer. I did have to notch and box my cross member to make it fit. (see my build) The problem is then the radiator hose is almost straight, and very short (like 6 inches) which makes it almost impossible to install. I cut up the old bronco lower hose for mine, but it didn't work good and was a HUGE PITA! If you can think of a better way please let me know.
                Last edited by pippinmader; 09-24-2012, 09:09 PM.
                Build thread

Comment

Working...
                X