Harmonic Balancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonic Balancer

I was talking to Paul B. this evening while he was helping me on some electrical. We discussed the harmonic balancer. I'm running the 351 but put the Explorer balancer on it. He told me I needed to have it balanced from a 50 ounce to a 28 ounce. Is there someone local (San Jose area) that you guys know that does it? Does anyone have an extra laying around already converted? I would like to put the correct one on it.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Harmonic Balancer

Unfortunately I do not known of any local shops that can do that. My Dad was in the same situation and sent his explorer harmonic balancer to a place in Redding http://www.damperdoctor.com/ I think he may have also sent them a 351w harmonic balancer and then they just swapped the weights. However; they may be able to work something out if you do not have a 351w harmonic balancer.
    Last edited by stock74; 10-03-2012, 07:02 AM.
    '74 Ranger, Green, Uncut, 5.0 EFI, NV3550, 3.5" lift....

Comment

I just ordered one from damper dudes in Redding. Shipping today and will be here Thursday or Friday. Problem solved...
      Last edited by 14Justice; 10-03-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Awesome, glad it worked out for you.

Comment

I had damper dudes rebuild and re-balance my explorer harmonic balancer, they got the balance perfect, the engine runs smooth, but they got the timing marks off my 4 degrees (luckily I checked it when I was building the engine). They were very nice about it and all I had to do was send it back to them and they fixed it for free, but you might want to check when you install it. 4 degrees is a lot when you are setting your timing.
          Build thread

Comment

Originally posted by pippinmader View Post
            I had damper dudes rebuild and re-balance my explorer harmonic balancer, they got the balance perfect, the engine runs smooth, but they got the timing marks off my 4 degrees (luckily I checked it when I was building the engine). They were very nice about it and all I had to do was send it back to them and they fixed it for free, but you might want to check when you install it. 4 degrees is a lot when you are setting your timing.
            Thanks for the info. I will have to check that out when we get around to installing the harmonic balancer.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
              X