Oil filler tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filler tube

I forgot to post this earlier. I replaced my 351 valve covers with a set I took off an Explorer motor. The reason I did this is so my oil filler neck wasn't on the passenger rear (switched them around for plenum clearance) and so I wouldn't have the PCV grommet to plug on the other valve cover (I have the PCV on the rear of my lower intake). The problem is the oil filler tube is too long and has a clearance issue with my hood. Anyone know if Ford sells a shorter version? I don't mind sectioning out a piece of the tube to shorten but if they sell a shorter version of it, might be worth it... The version I have is a two piece oil filler tube. It has the portion attached to the valve cover with an alignment rivet, the upper tube (metal) slotted to align with the lower section with a rubber hose clamped onto both to prevent leakage. I'm looking for a shorter upper section. Any ideas or remedies?
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Oil filler tube

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
    I forgot to post this earlier. I replaced my 351 valve covers with a set I took off an Explorer motor. The reason I did this is so my oil filler neck wasn't on the passenger rear (switched them around for plenum clearance) and so I wouldn't have the PCV grommet to plug on the other valve cover (I have the PCV on the rear of my lower intake). The problem is the oil filler tube is too long and has a clearance issue with my hood. Anyone know if Ford sells a shorter version? I don't mind sectioning out a piece of the tube to shorten but if they sell a shorter version of it, might be worth it... The version I have is a two piece oil filler tube. It has the portion attached to the valve cover with an alignment rivet, the upper tube (metal) slotted to align with the lower section with a rubber hose clamped onto both to prevent leakage. I'm looking for a shorter upper section. Any ideas or remedies?
    Section it...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I might have an extra set of mustang valve covers (stock efi version) laying around. They are most likely raw aluminum so they would need to be painted or polished but would clear your hood. Let me know if you are interested.
      Last edited by stock74; 10-03-2012, 04:45 PM.
      '74 Ranger, Green, Uncut, 5.0 EFI, NV3550, 3.5" lift....

Comment

I just cut mine down and put it back together with the hose and clamps. Don't remember if it had any alignment rivet.
        1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

Yes, I will section it. Stopped by a buddy's metal shop today and he is going to do it for me next week.

Comment

Originally posted by stock74 View Post
            I might have an extra set of mustang valve covers (stock efi version) laying around. They are most likely raw aluminum so they would need to be painted or polished but would clear your hood. Let me know if you are interested.
            I would be intrested in these valve covers

Brian
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Is the filler part of the valve cover? Cause on some of them you can just unscrew the extended filler and screw your cap into the valve cover it self
              72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHarvey56 View Post
                Is the filler part of the valve cover? Cause on some of them you can just unscrew the extended filler and screw your cap into the valve cover it self
                Wish it was that easy. The extended tube is a slip on tube with a rubber coupling holding and sealing the two together. I'll snap a photo today if I remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                  I would be intrested in these valve covers

Brian
                  PM Sent...
                  '74 Ranger, Green, Uncut, 5.0 EFI, NV3550, 3.5" lift....

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                    Wish it was that easy. The extended tube is a slip on tube with a rubber coupling holding and sealing the two together. I'll snap a photo today if I remember...
                    Its never that easy, is it?
                    72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Working...
                    X