How to center the front axle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to center the front axle???

OK!! I did my 4X4X2 upgrade. Placed a drop pitman arm on with a stock EB length drag link. At first it looks like the Drag link is too long..(Pitman arm is not centered) Hmmm.. Now I'm thinking my axle is not centered and that is why the length problems.. The pics show a drop line outside of the frame behind the the crossbar. Is there any specific measurements to take? Can someone place a drop-line and see were there's line up? Any help is appreciated.. For some reason I think I am off... On the Drivers side by an inch or an inch and a half... Ohh... and my Front Driveline rubs the headers On the drivers side. ..
    I think i will be getting a new adjustable Drag link when i do the TRO.

Need to know how to Measure / adjust it!!

Thanks
    Aaron
    Attached Files
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Wich side is your axle off center toward; the driver's side or the passenger?

You will get an adjustable drag link with the TRO..........you also should plan on an adjustable trac bar, You can never have too much adjustment.

You'll also be able to ditch the drop pit man arm.

while you are there you should go ahead with the Trac Bar riser and get that welded up. If you go with the WH version don't weld the Trac bar mounting bolt, untill you do the TRO.

Brad
    Last edited by Formerjughead; 11-01-2006, 09:53 PM.
    Brad
    Chico, Ca.

Comment

If I am off.. I am off towards the drivers side. Yes when I do the TRO i will be getting adjustable everything.. and the trac bar riser.. A
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
        If I am off.. I am off towards the drivers side. Yes when I do the TRO i will be getting adjustable everything.. and the trac bar riser.. A

Thats something that will be taken care of with the Trac Bar Riser then. When I did mine my axle was shoved back over to the passenger side and I had to bottom out my adjustable trac bar to ge it lined back up. In retrospect I think I would have moved the riser closer to the spring cup and left adjustment in my trac bar.
        Brad
        Chico, Ca.

Comment

Just use a straight edge (level) on your hub or rotor and measure to the frame for each side. That should get you close.
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

i was lazy and had the front end shop do a four wheel alignment, then they told me what i needed to do to get everything in spec
            70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Working...
            X