Parts are ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts are ordered

Well, the parts for the new 69 351W have been ordered. I got a engine kit with new pistons, 30 over, gaskets, rings, bearing, seals, freeze plugs and an oil pump. I also ordered the comp cams 4X4 extreme complete kit, with cam for rpm range 1000-5000, double roller timing chain, lifters, valve springs, locks, retainers, and seals. I'm having a friend in an engine shop in Idaho do the machine work, and assembly. He's putting new valves in also. I will be picking it up over the Thanksgiving break. When he tore it apart he found three cracked pistons, and the cam bearing wear shot. I just hope he doesn't find anything else before he is done. Man, I haven't driven the bronco since the gathering at Chuck's house. I'm going into withdrawl.
    Here's a link to the guy who's building the engines bronco.
    http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.p...ghlight=rolled
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Man can't wait to see how this motor turns out. Glad to see you going with the 351, my buddy has one in his that I think is more stock and it makes my 302 feel like a 6 cylinder. Hey your link took me to a halloween party roll over I hope he has better since with motors .LOL.
    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Right on Marc. Thanksgiving isn't that far away. You can make it! Take some pics of the new motor when you get home so we can see what she looks like. I bet it's going to be a night and day difference in horse power and torque!!!

Comment

Yup, he rolled it at the gathering. He tried to spin it around and it just hooked. Got a little beat up, but him and his son are doing fine. The bronco took it like a champ. Drove it home that evening. Didn't even crack the windshield, and the only body damage was the passenger fender, and the door. Tough old beast we drive. The Windsor that was in my bronco was old, stock and tired. This one should be much better.

The worst part of having them build it up there is that all those parts are going to be delivered by the brown santa to someelses front door. It would have been like an early Christmas for me opening all those packages.
        Marc D.

Comment

I love the brown santa it brought me brackets today from BTF
          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
            Marc D.

Comment

I know what you mean about all of the boxes going to someone elses house. Kinda takes all of the fun out buy new parts because you don't even get to see them. Although I am supposed to see some pictures of all of my new shinny parts going in........some day........maybe.........hopefully.........

Comment

Working...
              X