05 Ford f250 deisel/No throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Ford f250 deisel/No throttle

Started truck the other day ran crappy and died. started again ran crappy and then just ideled low rpm. step on peddle multiple times with no response. than al the sudden peddle is back. Off to SF we go to put kayaks in the cove for game two(GO GIANTS) anyway going through the city truck dies to an idel again. mashing the peddle in traffic no respones, all the sudden again peddle back an we are off. Anyone have any ideas as to whays up?

Re: 05 Ford f250 deisel/No throttle

FWIW. My '02 SD did the same thing awhile back. It turned out to be the Throttle Postion Sensor on the go pedal.....

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Rich 6.0's have a mind of thier own and are prone to thier own issues a good ford tech might be able to help ..... ill harass you tomorrow

The old 7.3's had the in cab TPS that used to cause issues but our 6.0L delivery trucks have had dead pedal issues and they have been from a host of culprits none of them lost it due to the TPS.

you can loose pedal from a bad icp sensor like the 05 flatbed at the yard did about a year ago

i got to looking for a post regarding ICP's to explain it more and found this one

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...d.php?t=102360
      ICP sensor is a possibility, but usually has erratic idle symptoms also. Turbo vanes sticking is another cause that can have this symptom. But one other thing to look for that can cause a "very similar issue" on 03' models that have the factory inferred EBP sensor flash, is the mass air flow sensor connector. Its stretched pretty tight as the wire harness for the maf sensor is clipped onto the engine oil dipstick tube up near the connector for the maf sensor. This tends to stretch the wires and can cause a bad connection as it did on mine. There is a repair connector that comes with the wires already in the new connector available from Ford. It extends the harness quite abit and allows for a tension free connection. The symptoms of a bad connection can make for intermittent power loss especially on bumpy roads or around corners, as the maf sensor is basically mounted to the frame/air filter intake and the harness is on the engine, the movement of the engine stretches the already tight wires and makes the maf sensor read zero lbs per minute signal to the pcm, thus a dead pedal feel in power intermittently. I verified this while road testing with a scan tool reading the data. There are other things like exhaust leaks or torn intake boots that can cause similar issues as well. I would check for codes first, and check the maf sensor connection, and for intake and exhaust leaks, as these are easy to do.

if it is TPS related From ford diagnostic manual
      Chart 4
      Additional Driveability Concern: Engine Will Only Idle
      Note: Heavy external load upon cold start may cause a momentary lack of power.

Note: Perform the following preliminary checks:

APP sensor electrical connection failure.
      Interference from floor mats.
      Accelerator pedal damage.

SYSTEM/COMPONENT REFERENCE (Section 5 Pinpoint Test unless noted)
      Check Accelerator Pedal GO to the appropriate pinpoint test and CONFIRM that sensors and wiring are intact.
      Check the Power Monitor Check TCM continuous DTCs. If DTCs P0148 or P2552 are present, GO to the appropriate pinpoint test.
      Last edited by ddestruel; 10-28-2012, 08:20 PM.
      "Jeep Lurker"

Jeep cj 7
      Amc 401 power plants you should try it some time

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
        FWIW. My '02 SD did the same thing awhile back. It turned out to be the Throttle Postion Sensor on the go pedal.....

Sean

X2 on my 97 & 01

Comment

My 01 as well was dead on pismo until I pressed it multiple times to get off! And to top that off my go peddle is the new upgraded for the 01's???? So went to napa and bought a dorman like the original never looked back. Workin good so far. Think you have to go to ford for it.
          Built for playin and fun, 351/700R4/Atlas, 44 Hi Pinion/ARB 4:56, Currie 9" trussed Detroit 4:56, Longer rear leafs/ 5.5 wildhorses, Hi tech redneck twisted wristed arms. 2" body. Kentrol/hansen rollcage, Protofab, Warn hubs,axles,winch. ididit, autometer, art carr, tuffy console, ovrhead, glove. Custom built bat box and rear seat with storage. Soon to have matching camping trailer

Comment

Maybe you can substitute this guy's linkage instead. I'm sure it wasn't a drive-by-wire setup back then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1o...eature=related

Hope those pedal/switch assemblies aren't that expensive to replace.
            Last edited by DirtDonk; 10-28-2012, 08:23 PM.
            Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
            68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Hmm, not sure why the link didn't show up. Can you guys see the link to YouTube, or there just a big blank space in the middle like I see?

Here's the link again. Hopefully it just prints out like normal.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1o...eature=related
              I'm bracketing it with these two sentences this time to see if that helps.
              www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Oh well...
                www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Happened twice to my 05. It was under warranty when it did. First time it lasted a week. Then they had it for 2 weeks and came to the conclusion that one of my batteries dying was f'ing with the electronics and they replaced the pedal and battery and its been fine the last 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X