Upgraded u-joint for D44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded u-joint for D44

I am helping a friend rebuild and upgrade his full width D44 from a 79 Big Bronco. He is runing stock axle shafts but wants to upgrade the u-joints. Is the 760 joint biggest/strongest joint that you can get when running stock axle shafts?

Re: Upgraded u-joint for D44

I think so

Comment

Thats what I ran. If I remember right some were built better than others (brand).

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

So for the idiot behind the counter at (insert the name of any parts house here) that doesn't know anything about cars/trucks. What make, year, model, engine size and color do I tell him these 760x joints are for so he can find it in his computer?

Comment

Shitty parts guys can't find it like that. They need to look up application or specific part number. You need to call a place like West Coast Differential or Parts Mike to be able to just say 760x and get a response...
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If I remember right the part number is actually 5-760X.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The problem is that most autoparts stores don't carry Spicer brand parts. Apparently the nongreasable forged Spicer joints for Dana 60's are really tough. Not sure if the same thing can be said for the Dana 44 variant. I had the greasable ones in my 44 and hammered on it pretty hard all summer with 37" tires and stock axles... Never broke anything though.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Here is the link for both partsmike and WFO for the Ujoints.

http://www.partsmike.com/store/store...on=show_detail

http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Dana-4...3331/3593/3342

Comment

Pat, go to a driveline shop instead of pep-boys. Prices are usually better and when you ask the kid behind the conter for a spicer 760; that's what he will hand you.
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I picked up a set of the 760x joints from Bayshore Truck for $50 out the door. Thanks guys for the advise! Now I've gotta keep working on this sucka and get it back together and under the truck!!

Comment

Working...
                    X