Bestop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestop

How rainproof should a Bestop be? Mine is brand new and today just parked in front of the office I've got water coming in like crazy in the drivers area.

Just curious, you guys running Bestop's or softops in general, how weatherproof are they supposed to be?

Re: Bestop

They are water resistant, not proof.

I'de say that mine holds well but driving on the road does force the water in every little crack.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Ahhh yes I did mean resistant! I am leaning toward going back to a hardtop I think.

Comment

you sure it's the top and just not leaking in from the vent in the hood??? Cleaned the leaves out of the drain hose in the bottom of the vent box lately???
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

My Bestop is pretty weather tight. Nothing gets wet inside when I use it in the rain.
          1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

I had a Kayline top before I bought my Bestop last year. I have had to custome fit and alter both. Here's a list of the problems and fixes that I've done and mine doesn't leak:
            Although the correct measurement from top of windshield to tailgate was correct, my top was loose. After it was on for a few days in the sun. I lifted the rear bows to the tightest spot and drilled new holes for the pawls. If you go too far it just gets looser. Make sure both holes are the same distance up the bow.
            I used pipe insulation on all the bows. This cuts down on flapping on the freeway. I also used small ID insulation on the window frame rails.
            There were gaps at the forward edge and the rear corner of the window. I used the pipe insulation to silicone some custom cut pieces (use a razor blade) in place where the gaps are. These will stay on the vehicle even if you remove the top for summer.
            for some reason my snaps aren't long enoutg to attach to the window frame. I guess I can live with that.

Comment

P.S. I also used camper shell foam tape under my bed rails. Just my .02

Comment

X2 on what Pops said - the windshield hinge has been known to allow water to drain down and drip onto the floors behind the dash - damn hard to determine leak path but they do leak. Damn thing may as well been built like a screen door on a submarine....there will always be water on one side of that screen door!
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Could be the windsheild hinge. Mine is rusted in place pretty bad
                  Last edited by JimmyJack; 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X