Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security...alarm..something

what do you use to protect your truck?
    mine will be locked up in a garage but when i do take it out on weekends and have to park it (for only short periods of time) i wanna come back to the same parking spot and it be there
    i searched pervious threads for security and alarm and not much came up for what i need
    thanks

Re: security...alarm..something

On another project did a push button start. Clean simple cheap works. If you still want the alarm look wire in a dummy blinking light.
    Last edited by kevoson; 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM.
    75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Hide a kill switch somewhere, park it in low range or T-case in neutral, removable steering wheel, there are several little tricks you can employ. The common car thief doesn't know old cars very well... especially custom old cars..
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by kevoson View Post
        On another project did a push button start. Clean simple cheap works. If you still want the alarm look wire in a dummy blinking light.
        good call for a quick fix! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          Hide a kill switch somewhere, ..
          kill switch!
          i like that one...thank you...and the research begins
          i swear this truck is never done

Comment

I just removed the dash, ran into a bunch of rocks and used a toggle switch for a key. I think people were afraid to get close enough to steal it.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
              I just removed the dash, ran into a bunch of rocks and used a toggle switch for a key. I think people were afraid to get close enough to steal it.
              I think they just figured the owner was a big enough redneck that there had to be a 10 barrell double gauge close by.....
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Hide a kill switch somewhere strange and hope for the best. There is no great place to hide lojack and most alarm installers are hacks from my experience.

I had not driven or started my Bronco in several weeks after I "disabled" it before leaving on a short trip a while back (something I usually do). I was a little befuddled today when it wouldn't start until I remembered that I'd enabled my security disable (top secret, lol). It'll crank all day and not start - same idea as a kill switch.

An easy way is to remove the coil wire as well.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

thanks, cage dave has my truck...i just sent him an email asking if its something he can do before i pick it up in the next few days

Comment

On my 65 f100 I used my hazard switch on the dash as my kill switch. When the switch is pushed in it is on and everything looks normal. When I pull it out it lets power go to my fuel pump or whatever you want.

Comment

When I use to drive mine to the airport I use to just take the ignition rotor with me.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I have a kill switch, but have to admit there has been a time or two when I forgot that I flipped it. Took a few minutes of me scratching my head and poking around under the hood until I realized. Even had a passer by stop to help. Embarrassment!
                        We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

I guess the wifes bronco has a theft deterant on it also. I hooked up the electric fuel pump relay to the power antenna lead. If I turn the stereo off the pump stops pumping. Confused me a couple of times when the bronco just died. Takes a couple of minutes when it's warming up in the morning.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                            I think people were afraid to get close enough to steal it.
                            That's my method. I guess it looks like such a POS nobody bothers with it. Its sat out front for years, unlocked, even have stuff stored in the back.

Comment

I have a battery disconnect that I just pop out.
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X