Help !!! STC "Fast" Trac Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!! STC "Fast" Trac Top

I am installing my new STC Fast Trac Top and ran into a lil problem, here's the scenario...........

I just finished installing all of the hardware and went to install the door frame pieces. I am running hard doors. I went to fit the "horizontal piece" into the eyelit on the windshield riser and the large hole on the "rear bow", and I am probably 2 1/2" - 3" short (yeah I know, that's what she said. The story of my life ) The "rear bow" is as far forward as I can get it to go, it's actually resting on the roll cage. I'm hoping that my roll cage is not too high. I don't have another bronco here to take measurements, so I was wondering if someone could help me out.

1. What is the vertical measurement from the floor board to the bottom of the bow?
    2. What is the horizontal measurement from the top of the windshield frame to the bow frame for the soft top. I am coming up with 41", and my hunch is that my roll cage is interfereing the bow frame being able to come forward enough

Any help with these questions would be appreciated.

I just went to look for the camera, and apparently it has been MIA for a few days, so I can't take any pics
    Jeff Sander
    Reno, Nevada
    1968 Project Bronco
    1966 Fuel Injected Crawler

Sounds like a lot. I would need to be there to be of any help, but it is definitely possible that your cage tube is in the way like you said.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hey I got about 35 in from top of windshield frame to the bow bar, and 46 in from the floor to the bow, if that helps. Here are some views if it helps also.
      Attached Files
      302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. It looks like my cage design is biting my in the butt. I can't figure out how to post pics, otherwise I would show you my delima.

I was looking at it last night and I think I can make it work. Once I figure out how to post pics I will give you an update
        Jeff Sander
        Reno, Nevada
        1968 Project Bronco

Comment

Here is a couple of pics that I was able to come up with. These are just some that I have on my hard drive. I'll take a couple more tonight to show my current delimna
          Attached Files
          Jeff Sander
          Reno, Nevada
          1968 Project Bronco

Comment

Dude that cage looks pretty tall and I imagine its contacting the bow at the sides. I look forward to seeing your fix, any chance you are just going to build a custom attachment since the cage work looks nice it would seem reasonable that you could create something to work.
            FM
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Yeah.... well....... I hate to have to post this, but since I started this thread I guess it's only right that I come clean After going through the directions, I had a feeling something just wasn't right, I come to find out that I mounted the hinge assambely backwards I guess I better lay off the Anyways it looks like it is going to work. Which is good because I wasn't about to touch that roll cage, not after what I paid to have it built. Now I just need to install my new BC Broncos lift off hinges and finish the install
              Jeff Sander
              Reno, Nevada
              1968 Project Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                Dude that cage looks pretty tall and I imagine its contacting the bow at the sides. I look forward to seeing your fix, any chance you are just going to build a custom attachment since the cage work looks nice it would seem reasonable that you could create something to work.
                FM
                Actually, the bars that go from the front of the cage to the middle (just above the my head) are about an inch too low. When we built it, I wasn't positive of the height to the top of the hard top (which is what I had at the time) so I left it a little low. I learned that lesson the hard way. Not good to jump the bronco anymore, I nailed my head on the bar.
                My back up plan, like you where saying Familyman, was to build a custom bar. It's not done yet, but I hope I don't have to do that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                Jeff Sander
                Reno, Nevada
                1968 Project Bronco

Comment

I do like the cage though...
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

To me it looks like you could lower your seat alittle and fly again and stop being a head banger.

Comment

Nice looking cage. You should at least put some roll bar padding on the area's around your head. I've hit my head on my bars pretty hard a couple of times and man was I glad that I had put that padding on there!

Comment

I do like the cage though...
                        I agree
                        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Thanks for the compliments on the cage I actually put some different seats in and have it pretty much to the floor. That helped a bunch. I'm planning on adding some padding above my head and along the sides in the rear, just haven't gotten er done yet Planning on getting my doors hung tonight and with any luck I'll be wheeling by Saturday
                          Jeff Sander
                          Reno, Nevada
                          1968 Project Bronco

Comment

Who built the cage. It sure is purty.
                            71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
                            nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

I designed it and had a buddy build it for me. He owns a fab shop here in Reno. He does a lot of off road stuff. He's also a co-driver for Rod Hall and races the Hummers. Here's a link to his web page, I think there is a couple of pics of my 68 under his products link.

http://www.samcofabrication.com/
                              Jeff Sander
                              Reno, Nevada
                              1968 Project Bronco

Comment

Working...
                              X