12v constant vs key switched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v constant vs key switched

What circuits are typically 12v constant powered and what are key switch powered? The harness I have has brake lights, horn, and headlights as 12v constant. Fan, gauges, and choke/fuel pump go to ignition. Alternator exciter and heater go to key acc. I need to add wipers. Where should the power come from?

Re: 12v constant vs key switched

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
    What circuits are typically 12v constant powered and what are key switch powered? The harness I have has brake lights, horn, and headlights as 12v constant. Fan, gauges, and choke/fuel pump go to ignition. Alternator exciter and heater go to key acc. I need to add wipers. Where should the power come from?
    Wipers would be key on (run) hot

Why would you want the Alt and heater to have power when you are in ACC? (the engine would not be running and the Heater would be a considerable draw on the battery)(these two should be on the run side of Ign switch)

More likely it would be the radio and cig lighter(unless cig lighter is constant hot)
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Re: 12v constant vs key switched

I like cigarette lighter to be battery hot so I can charge my phone even when the keys arnt in the ignition
      Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Working...
      X