Which steering wheel adapter hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which steering wheel adapter hub

For those of you using Nardi, Momo, Sparco, NRG and similar aftermarket steering wheels, which hub adapter are you using?

Crowders suggested the following hub "might" work with the stock EB column, but they can't verify fitment.

http://www.crowderscustomizing.com/M...omo_4513_1.htm

Re: Which steering wheel adapter hub

I have had bad luck with the Grant adapters (two of them) so I'm not a fan of those. The horn contacts are apparently too close together as when I turn my wheel I honk my horn. The two little spring loaded finger contacts cross over to one of the two contact ribbons that run around the adapter as the wheel turns. This does not happen with the stock steering wheel bolted to the very same column. I have since relocated my horn button because I got tired of throwing money at a solution. One day I'll get something else in there and have a proper steering wheel horn button again.
    Last edited by CityHick; 01-14-2013, 04:12 PM.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I had the same steering wheel honking horn problem, I bought a new upper steering column bearing sleeve and it seems to have fixed the problem, so far. To make it work properly you have to adjust the keeper clamp under the hood so the spring is pre-loaded.
      Build thread

Comment

look at the diagram here

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pages...teering-wheel/

You can drill the Grant steering wheel adapter to the correct hole pattern if it doesn't line up. Or similar. With the NRG you aren't going to want a lot of extra material between the wheel and hub or it get tough to get in/out.

I machined my own hub on my FFR out of aluminum bar stock

I have the Grant and it works fine.

Comment

Working...
        X