No announcement yet.

What did the suspension look like new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did the suspension look like new?

I understand the underside of the tub was painted rust colored, but what about the suspension and components? Was everything satin black; radius arms, leafs, axle assemblies, coils, etc?
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: What did the suspension look like new?

I am pretty sure that Ford never painted the radius arms, coils or leaf springs. I have never seen an "unrestored" EB with anything resembling paint on any of those parts, frame included. Old Ford bodies were painted underneath with red oxide primer (and overspray from the body paint job). Pretty sure that's the same stuff they painted the 9" cast 3rd members with too. Axles were left bare as were a number of other metal parts.

If I were you I'd make everything match your newly painted frame. You are building a LUBR (lifted, uncut) so by definition its not going to be original anyway. Just my opinion.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Re: What did the suspension look like new?

Not too sure about leafs but my radius arms had what looked to be black paint on them. Same stuff as the center section like Tony sayed.
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

Working...
      X