Stockton Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stockton Wheel

Anyone used these guys in a while? They had alot of bad press last year with the suicide of the owner and restructuring

Looking at re-using my center sections in a wider steel wheel...

Quoted $125.00 a wheel plus $40.00 for powder coating...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Stockton Wheel

I'll ask around for you doug and get back to ya. I dont think they have gotten any better from what I have heard in the past but I'll check.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Doug I have used these guys befor to have 2 wheels repaired and thy were great. Precision Wheel Works there here in Sacramento. Might be worth a call.
      Last edited by kevoson; 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM.
      75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

I had some wheels made by Stockton wheel last year and they definitely don't follow directions and on top of it they charged me about 40$ more then I was quoted. I wouldn't use them.

Comment

I was a long time customer from the 90's and then I stopped using them.
          I actually went back last year to get a 15x18 made, it was more then I thought (or remembered) but the quality was good.
          I just made the other ones I needed myself.
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Anyone used these guys?

Wheel Vintiques... CA company... been around since 1986... Summit carries them...$82.00 ea

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wv...5504/overview/

Not sure about the back spacing though... Will 4" work?
            Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-02-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

word on the street is dont use stockton wheel.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                Anyone used these guys?

Wheel Vintiques... CA company... been around since 1986... Summit carries them...$82.00 ea

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wv...5504/overview/

Not sure about the back spacing though... Will 4" work?
                I would verify if the center opening will accommodate the front hub dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
                  I would verify if the center opening will accommodate the front hub dimensions.
                  Copy...

Sorry to hear that POPS...

Comment

Copy...

Sorry to hear that POPS...
                    Well I called WV and punched in Customer service... They asked me to leave a message. Hung up.

Called back and punched in Sales... Waited, 2nd up in Que... !st up in Que... Finally got through and was asked to leave a message

So I left them a very detailed message and I am currently waiting for a reply to my question about the center hole size.

Comment

Did you try calling Summit? Their sales and tech line will often have access to detailed specs too.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
                        Did you try calling Summit? Their sales and tech line will often have access to detailed specs too.
                        Why Tim yes I did... They did not have the info, they checked the on line catalog... zip. They called WV and no answer... They said call them tomorrow mid day if I get no return phone call from WV. They would use their connections to the Company to get the info I need...

Customer Service at it's best.

Comment

Well I called WV and punched in Customer service... They asked me to leave a message. Hung up.

Called back and punched in Sales... Waited, 2nd up in Que... !st up in Que... Finally got through and was asked to leave a message

So I left them a very detailed message and I am currently waiting for a reply to my question about the center hole size.
                          Called WV this afternoon. Got through and spoke with sales. Hector ran out into the shop and did a measurement to be sure... The center hole is just smaller than 3.5 inches. The hub is 3 3/8". He stated that the rim would fit a 68 Bronco...
                          He said they are 3-4 weeks out if I want powdercoated rims - add $40.00 per rim. I called Mission powdercoating in Gilroy - $80.00 a rim for white - a close to Ford white color. Hector said to spray the rims rather than powder coat them.

So my next question is spray or powdercoat the rims?

Comment

Les schwabb for powder coat wheels. Rick and Marc have had theirs done.. Cheap!!! Ask them..

Comment

Les Scwab was right around $25 per wheel to have powder coated. They had a good 10-15 colors to choose from if I remember correctly. They even included the bead lock rings for that price.
                              72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Working...
                              X