Quick Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Exhaust

I have a 74 bronco in the shop to make it a daily driver...the initial estimate was low but now it is getting all new bushings, motor mounts, all seals replaced, bottom engine rebuild, engine painted, timing chain, water pump...and the list goes on

It will be a solid driver once it is done, but what was going to be a simple job is now killing my budget...the last thing I need is an exhaust from the manifold down and found this bolt in one

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fbr/full.aspx?Page=73

Will be disappointed with a cheap system and just need to squeeze out an additional $400 for magnaflow or custom built? Do I spend more now to save more later?

Re: Quick Exhaust

You should be able to get something built for $300 to 400

Comment

shayne i need the same thing
      ryan 71bronco told me he got a killer deal at west coast muffler in concord--he needed the same thing as us at the tine
      http://www.westcoastmufflers.com/

i use to live in walnut creek...up until january, i went up there to the muffler shop to get a quote however they wanted the owner there and he wasnt...i havent been back since b/c i now live in hayward
      might want to check them out since your on their side of town

Comment

Originally posted by Pat B View Post
        You should be able to get something built for $300 to 400
        Agreed! I got mine built, 2 into 1 with a flowmaster for $350. just check around.
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Given that no two people equip their Broncos the same way, find a local muffler shop, one where the exhaust fabricator will let you stand under the rack and help design the system. You'll be much happier in the long run as you'll come up with a design that meets your needs exactly.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Try broad way muffler in walnut creek he's pretty good guy and nice work let him know what your trying to spend and what's your options he will work with you did mine or there's a shop over here in bay point off willow pass I hear he's got good prices

Comment

Thanks for all the imput!

I ended up buying the LMC exhaust, I am pretty close to a stock set up and this appears to meet those needs. I will know by the end of the week if it was a good choice...the reviews are mixed, people either love the exhaust and have no issues, or they hate the system and have issues with the install. No feeling in between...

Comment

Working...
              X