gear advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear advice

I'm setting up a front 9" using a set of yukon gears with about 350 street miles on them in a strange nodular case with a spool and I am getting what I see as an OK (maybe not perfect but acceptable) drive side pattern but the coast side pattern is out in left field, in a rear application I might not worry so much since it would mainly be under power on the drive side but in the front it will drive on the coast side. I ran out of time and will try to get a clearer pattern with more load on the gears but do I A) do I adjust the pattern to get the drive side toward the heel and have the coast side on the toe end B) write it off as a bad gear set or C) let it run in the front application and not worry so much about it.

I think I will try to set it up as explained in A) and see how the pattern looks. I also need to take another look at how the wear pattern was originally set up. Any insight is appreciated,
    Jonas
    Attached Files

Re: gear advice

Looks like you need more pinion shims to me.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Re: gear advice

that's what I'm going to try next, it will throw the drive side towards the toe side but as long as it brings the coast side into an acceptable range I'll be happy enough

Comment

Working...
      X