3" or 2" body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" or 2" body lift

Should I go 3" or 2" I would like to be able run 37 or 38 tires. I"ll have a 5.5" suspension lift.
    Chris
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

I like the 2".. if you cut your fenders correctly then you can fit either size tires.. you should be ok with either lift..
    Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I would stick with a 2" as well. Most aftermarket bumpers offer a model for 2" body lifts, I haven't seen many for a 3". The 351 fits well and I can still reach most everything without my belly getting in the way.
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

With some fender trimming you could just run the 37's with the 5.5" lift. I have a 5.5" lift and a 2" body lift and have more than enough room with my 37's. I am almost thinking of taking 2" out of it by moving down to some 3.5" springs.

Comment

I agree with Delta, stay with the 2". If you go with 3" you will have more "Air" under the body and I don't think it looks right. Besides EB's are heavy and you don't want to put that much metal up that high. Keep your center of gravity lower and trim the fenders more to fit your tire choice.
          70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

I have finished installing my steering column, running 38.5 boggers and was wondering any mods need to be done to the stock column for a 2" BL? I welded in a slip shaft which I dont want to redo.!

Comment

Originally posted by JUNK
              I have finished installing my steering column, running 38.5 boggers and was wondering any mods need to be done to the stock column for a 2" BL? I welded in a slip shaft which I dont want to redo.!

I ran into binding of the shaft after lifting the body 2". I had to install a yoke at the top to match the one at the bottom..
              Aaron
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
                I ran into binding of the shaft after lifting the body 2". I had to install a yoke at the top to match the one at the bottom..
                Aaron
                So did I.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
                X