ARB fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB fail

Yup, about 16 mons old and a fail happened. Thing works great on 110v, when on 12v after awhile when it needed to start I got a 'check' light. After checking all the voltages in the Bronco I called ARB. They said prob a motor semi/failure creating a high amp draw. Not repairable.They walked me through one step I didnt try then asked who I purchased it from. Not sure but I can pull the file. "Naw, just give me the sn#, it was Amazon. We have a contract with them, call this number and they will send you a new one, no charge"
    30 minutes on the phone with Amazon while drinking a cold one, the replacement will be here tues. Plenty of time before the 'con run for testing! gotta have cold dry food
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Re: ARB fail

ARB customer service is awesome - I had a minor issue with my fridge (latch broke due to my bull-in-a-chinashop attitude one night out on the trail). It was my own fault and when I called them to buy a new latch, they sent me a new one, free of charge and did not even charge me for shipping or verify my information.

I am surprised to hear that you had a compressor failure but I guess its like anything else, shit happens. I've had mine since 2010 and its been awesome; seriously one of my best pieces of camping/wheeling gear. Glad to hear that you got the issue sorted out - Amazon is a great company to deal with too!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I got to the 4th sentence before I realized you were talking about a fridge. I was confused why you were using 110v on your locker and that the problem was you smoked the solenoid.

Comment

Me too, but was thinking you have some crazy ass alternator!
        Leave No One Behind
        KK6AUW

Comment

That's funny cause I was thinking the same thing. Why are you hooking your locker up to 110v?? Ha Ha. Did they make you send the old frig back? Wonder if it's fixable......hmmmmm????

Comment

haha, didnt think about that guys! Yes Amazon wants it back or they will charge me the new retail price. I am going to call and ask 'to save you $60 in shipping what do you want for it?' worth a shot. ARB says Amazon puts them on a pallet and sells them for a dirt price. They get calls from purchasers who want parts to fix 'em....
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
            X