X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me troubleshoot a suspected fuel system problem

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
    Now how hot does the external pump get?
    Hotter than I could comfortably handle. Sorry no real metric here but a whole lot hotter than I felt it should be. I am certain that it was struggling and not getting enough fuel to keep it cool for reasons unknown. I have since made a few changes to tank venting and such for what that is worth but with an entirely new pump mounted in tank and better tank venting, I can't help but feel a little better. Fuel lines are also insulated. I will update my build thread someday with what I've done so far.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Re: Help me troubleshoot a suspected fuel system problem

I drove my Bronco in to my office today in San Jose, results pretty good. Rig is running strong and had no issues idling in traffic in 90+ degree heat. Granted this was at sea level and my problems happened before at altitude, but its never felt better than it did today. Something underneath is still getting pretty hot but with my fuel lines wrapped in reflective insulation and the muffler heat shield, the fuel lines seem to be staying relatively cool or at least closer to ambient air temps. I want to build a shield for the fuel filter, as it is the only component not shielded and not mounted above the frame for protection. Thinking the 'con is still out but I feel a lot better about my Bronco now that its got 80-ish miles on the complete new fuel system in hot weather. Fingers crossed...
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Working...
      X