Help IAC issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help IAC issue

First off I was wondering witch sensor you guys were using. I have a rjm harness and my plug connection is to short to use a stock mustang one so I used a 96 ford Taurus iac and I had some issues with it after it went out. I replaced it with a new one. Now it has a idle issue is it wont idle down like it should it droops down to 1500 then after 10s it drops down to 900
    But it will not idle any lower I am kind stumped looking for ideas thanks

Re: Help IAC issue

Start by checking voltages at each of the sensors (IAC, TPS, MAF). There are two schools of thought, both have favorable reviews so here goes:

1. Adjust your idle such that the TPS reads .98 volts or less at idle.

2. Start and run the rig until it warms up. Set the base timing to somewhere around 12 degrees BTDC, pull the connector on the IAC valve. Then adjust the idle down until it barely runs. Plug the IAB connector back in. The computer should then take over and set the base idle where it wants it to be. I did this after I replaced my MAF earlier this week and was able to set my idle considerably lower than it was with the older MAF.

I wish I had a copy of my book in .pdf format, its very useful. I can't find an online copy of it but I can pull some more numbers from it for you tomorrow or so.
    Last edited by CityHick; 06-21-2013, 10:40 PM.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Thanks I will give that a shot tomorrow

Comment

Do step 2 to get the idle set then go back and then adjust the tps voltage. You adjust the voltage so after idle is adjusted the tps doesn't tell the computer its at part throttle putting you in a different fueling/timing table or limiting full throttle

Comment

Oh good call thanks for the input

Comment

Working...
          X