b.c. bronco 351w intake adapter issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b.c. bronco 351w intake adapter issues

BC.Bronco adapter not working out with the fuel rails.

Im trying to install the bcbroncos adapter but it apparent to me my fuel rails are a no go. Anyone run into similar issues or know which rails I need to running. I have explorer rails that wont work either.
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Re: b.c. bronco 351w intake adapter issues

Rich, so that I understand what I am looking at in your pictures, you have interference issues with the fuel pressure regulator and schrader valve contacting or not having ample clearance to the upper, and the passenger's side fuel rail inlet bends around pointing directly at the back of the upper not leaving room for a fuel line to be connected, is that right?

Typically you want to find rails that have the fuel pressure regulator on the same side as your throttle body, so in my case Explorer 5.0 rails with the Explorer GT40 upper on the Lightning lower fits like a dream. What year Explorer rails do you have? Mine are 96, I don't know if it was dumb luck or what but I've not had any issues other than having to lengthen the soft lines between sides since the 351w lower is wider than the 5.0. My 96 Explorer rails have the inlet on the driver's side and the FPRR and outlet on the passenger's side. Only minor issue is that the inlet sits pretty close to the firewall. It's workable but challenging to make that connection since there's so little room to work.

Maybe someone else can chime in on other rails that work.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Rich, I used the rail off my 351. It dumps off the rear also. The clearance issue with the vacuum (fuel pressure regulator) to the bottom of the upper plenum on mine was pretty close so I just used a 90* and brought it off that way. I don't recall any clearance issues with my schrader valve. But then again, I have the Lightning Lower and Explorer upper. That may be the difference in what Tony and I have and what you're using.

I believe there are spacers you can buy to raise you plenum up just a hair. If you have the hood clearance, that might be just what you need to gain the clearance you need.
      1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

The regulator holds the plenum a half inch above the adapter plate so my fuel rail is not going to work. My 1998 explorer rails hit the firewall by alot so they are out. I think I need a 5.0 rail to fix the clearence issue but after an hour of searching I found nothing. I know my "newer" 351w block has already caused me fitment issues in other areas so I wasn't sure someone here has done the swap using a stock 351w and had been successful.

Comment

My clearance with the firewall was corrected by just a little bend/redirection. Although mine didn't need much... Half inch gap is a lot to correct for... Will you have that much room between hood and plenum?

Comment

A good amount but I want to run a stock hood which I currently dont have so I can't say for sure. My old fuel rails are rusty so I dont mind replacing them. I just want to find out which rails before spending anymore money.

Comment

I had a similar issue with a lightning intake and truck fuel rails, I ended up using a set of explorer rails (1996-1997.5 should work), or you could use a mustang fuel rail, it puts all the connections in the right place.
              Build thread

Comment

Anyone have pics of the explorer rails mounted?

Comment

Prob not much help but here is what I posted sometime back:

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...315#post118315

Comment

Here are some on ebay:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explore...ee18b0&vxp=mtr

You have to replace the rubber lines with longer ones to fit the wider 351. Other than fuel line issues, how is the BC adapter?
                    Last edited by pippinmader; 06-24-2013, 01:25 PM.
                    Build thread

Comment

I ordered some. Thanks for the input guys

Comment

The Problem is your plenum it is off a T-Bird they are the shortest plenum that was ever made. Find a Mustang one and your Van fuel rails should be fine.
                        Last edited by Bronco Brian; 06-24-2013, 07:09 PM.
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Great. So now im 240 into the adapter, intake, fuel rails and now I have to a different upper.....

How much more money would it have been for an aftermarket intake.

Comment

Aftermarket intake is $400-$715 IIRC. Stock is still cheaper unless you have a high horsepower motor that requires more air...
                            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
                              Great. So now im 240 into the adapter, intake, fuel rails and now I have to a different upper.....

How much more money would it have been for an aftermarket intake.
                              My have a line on a stock upper check back in a day
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                              X