Battrey cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battrey cables

Looking for some help, What gauge wire our most battery cables. Any one know

Brian
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Re: Battrey cables

I think they range from #4 to 1/0. I run 2/0 fine strand copper welding wire on mine. Probably overkill, but I do have my battery in the back and the cables are about 12 feet long.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I did the same thing... 1/0 gauge welding cable front to back...
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Same here, welding cable, for the duel battery setup and winch cables to the rear of the bronco

Comment

Thank you Gentleman
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Yep, what they said. Running 1/0 welding cable myself.
            The originals were likely 6ga. Minimum store-bought upgrade would be 4ga.
            More and more retail auto stores are upgrading most of their stock to 2ga, which is even better.
            No such thing as overkill though, so go for whatever you can. There are companies that custom make sets out of welding cable, and probably members here that would do it for you for a moderate charge.

We sell these 2ga kits as well. http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product...ery_Cables_Set

Whenever possible, use something other than the old standard lead cable lugs. Tinned copper has some advantages, such as a higher flow capability (I think that's the basic advantage anyway) and other stuff. Aside from just not being lead!

Whatever you do, just make sure you upgrade your ground cables at the same time, in case you were thinking of just doing the positive only.
            And add more grounds than you think you need.

Just like the "overkill is just enough" in the size department, same goes for grounds when it comes to EB's.

Paul
            Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
            68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I have found these (2) sites very helpful with all my electrical needs:
              www.delcity.net
              www.cobrawire.com
              Both have quality components and a very broad range in sizes or capacity. I actually use 4/0 cable in my system due to a fixed welding outlet mounted on the rear bumper. Del City has a very nice kit of Connectors, Flux, and solder shots all sized for the proper cable. Cobra has an "X-Flex" Class K stranded cable with a 105*c rating that offers the most insulation available for a "welding type" cable. I completely agree with the other posts "their is no overkill in a EB electrical system.

Comment

I forget the site right now but one of the online welding places I use has remnants of welding cables from spools. They were anywhere from a few feet to like 10' . I will post it up tonight if I remember.

Comment

I was able to get 8' 8" for a very good price under $16.00. This is not for the Bronco it for a motor home the wife and I picked up trying to clean up the rats

Comment

See if this link works.
                    https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/ei...R:terms::PA#A2
                    http://www.electronbeam.com/#weldingcable
                    Last edited by B-Rad; 08-23-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X