WH coil spring stretch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH coil spring stretch?

anyone have any idea what kind of stretch the WH springs will yield?

The 3.5 springs should bind at about 8.5"
    Unloaded is about 19"
    Just trying to figure what "max" droop might be (not accounting for all the variables of course)....

Currently shocks are set for for 6" up travel (bumping the coil at 9.5) with a ride height of 15.5". So I get 4" droop just for loaded height, Im sure these coils should stretch at least 5" for max shock travel right (14")

Re: WH coil spring stretch?

Not sure if this helps and I didn't use a tape measure, But my bronco had 3.5" WH coils in back with 1 coil cut off the bottom and 15" travel James Duff shocks. At ride height I had about 5" of shock shaft showing and when fully drooped, the shock at full extension was the limiting factor. I had 37" tires in the pictures and a FW 9" axle isn't as heavy as a 1 ton, so you might get even more travel. My thought for setting up shock mounts is... with no springs between the axle and frame, jack it up so your bump stops are collapsed and mount your shocks with up to an inch of shaft for when you have one rear tire stuffed and the other drooping. That way you're using all available travel.
    Attached Files
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Re: WH coil spring stretch?

thanks. Id like to stick some 16's in there, but I have the 14's, so thats where its gonna stay for now.

Comment

Working...
      X