fuel injection return line with two tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injection return line with two tanks

Okay so I have both a front and rear tank. I have the WH electronic fuel tank switch with three ports. I'm now putting together my fuel lines and wonder how everyone is routing their return lines.

Option A: Get a 5 or 6 port electronic switch that controls the tank flow both to engine and return?

Option B: Have only one return line going to the rear tank. Just have to remember to use that tank first or it will over flow.

Option C: remove front tank from the system.

What are you guys doing for your return lines and what ideas do you have.

Thanks

Re: fuel injection return line with two tanks

I had both tanks in my tbi system but only pulled and returned from rear tank. Used a second frame mounted fuel pump to transfer fuel to rear tank from side tank. This eliminates the fuel switch too. Put toggle switch on dash to run transfer pump. I had extra vent ports on the rear tank so getting fuel into rear was easy.

You can get those multi line switches but I didn't like all the extra connections that can leak.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

My experience with the 6 way valves is they are unreliable.
      I'd get a larger rear tank and dump the side tank.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

My fuel injection is set up to utilize the rear tank only with a transfer pump from the side tank. On the trail I have disconnected the return line and used the transfer pump to gas up a stranded wheeler. Kind of like having a couple jerry cans underneath.
        1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

I also run a transfer pump to the rear tank.

Comment

Any advice on the type and model of transfer pump you are using?

I put a small transfer pump between my side tank and 23 gallon main tank...and ran it for about 4 minutes to move the gas. That little fuel pump failed, and it ran HOT. It was designed to keep a carburetor full and stop. There are pumps rated for continuous duty...but I don't know of any cheap ones. Any recommendations?

thx.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Gasket-Mi...96d0c4&vxp=mtr

This is the pump I have it has only bin run about six times for the complete tank. it hasn't pooped out yet. It takes a long time so I do forget to turn it off more times then I have remembered but it gets loud when it runs dry so it reminds me. I wired it to only run with the toggle on and my key on just in case the switch gets bumped.

Comment

Something like this would probably be better to speed things up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Flow-Pe...9f6018&vxp=mtr

Comment

I run a transfer pump too. I used the Inline pump form a Holley projection kit that i parted out. Its rated for 100% duty but since its only pumping low pressure it does about 1.5 gal per minute. I use a toggle on the dash with an LED indicator to remind me its on and like Piplayer said it gets a little loud when it get dry

Comment

When I set up my EFI I went through all of this research too and ultimately decided to get ride of the side tank and go with a larger aftermarket rear tank to simplify the whole system. And it netted me more ground clearance by removing the side tank too, so it was a win/win.

Comment

Same here.
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

single rear tank with in tank ford fuel pump, Comes with sender and return line from junkyard, easy to replace the pump from auto parts stores.

Comment

Working...
                        X