bare tub storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bare tub storage?

I just purchased a tub for a future project. It was sandblasted and primed. Its pretty solid but needs work on the front apron drivers floor and rear quarter panels. The current owner is going to weld in some supports to keep it straight during transport. Is there a dolly that I can buy or build to place it on so I can move it around in my garage? Looking for ideas? Also, Im renting a trailer to pick it up and the owner is loading it with a tractor. Will an engine hoist lift it to get it off?

Thanks for the help!
    John
    Attached Files

Re: bare tub storage?

I built a rolling platform when I had mine off. 6 heavy duty castors, some 4x4s and 2 2x8x10' planks. I have a cherry picker and a bunch of floor jacks if you need a hand unloading.
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Pops gave me an old frame. Since I am going to build a custom frame, I just welded legs with casters on it. The best thing was I had all the materials laying around.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 10-13-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Reinforce the door openings so it doesnt tweek on you and lift it from the seat mounting or seat belt holes. Its not that heavy. I lifted mine with seats and tail gate were still on.
        Attached Files
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks, that helps! I was thinking...its near Truckee, I better get it before the snow starts!

Comment

[QUOTE=Rockbronco67;143072]Pops gave me an old frame. Since I am going to build a custom frame, I just welded legs with casters on it. The best thing was I had all the materials laying around.

Nice Matt!!
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Let a redneck hippie get a word in...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Henry66; 10-14-2013, 12:48 PM.
              Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
                Let a redneck hippie get a word in...
                ahhh note the use of a double pulley as a tool....indicative of some basic creativity and marginal intelligence in early man
                Attached Files
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                X