Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend wheelbase in front?

While I have all the mounts cutoff the front for the CAGE arm install,
    is there any reason to not move the front end forward an inch or so?
    Would the benefit not override the work involved?
    Or is it only a good idea to extend your wheelbase in the rear???
    Any advise appreciated, as I would like to wrap these up this weekend...

I kept my coil hangers and shock mounts in the stock position and move my axle 4" forward and all lined up fine. Although, I had pivots under the coil cups, but I don't think you would really need those to line the coils up.
    You can roll you axle forward and see how it will align. Adding any wheel base will make your approach angle better and will center your weight more in the vehical.
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

After looking it all over, I think I am just going to do one inch. Any more and I think I will have to move the tracking bar mount...

Comment

Sometime in the future I'm planning on moving mine forward six inches. I will have to move the spring buckets, shock mounts and track bar mount. I will also be putting on a different power steering box that has the pitman arm facing forward. As Bent70 said, moving the axle forward will transfer weight to the rear of the bronco, and broncos with stock wheel base are very nose heavy.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I am just doing it a little bit. Part for wheeling, part for centering the tire in the wheel well. For some reason Bronco fronts are always set back a little. I am still worried about my tracking bar hitting my diff. Mine has hit in the past even w/o moving it forward. Probably ought to put some bigger bump stops in than little stock snubbers...

Comment

Working...
          X