twin stick operation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin stick operation?

I fabbed up a twin stick shifter and the rear (right side) shifts great. The front (left side) won't budge out of neutral. The front was hard to shift before with the regular shifter. Any thoughts?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: twin stick operation?

I never really used mine before i went to a doubler w/tripple sticks. But if I remember correctly I couldn't get my front shifter out of neutral until the rear stick was in the gear I was selecting ( engage the rear, then the front). A true twin stick requires mods to the internal shift rods. I also had an issue with the linkage for a moment that made shifting..... Difficult. That required a little tweaking is all. Have you looked at the opening in the floor for possible contact with the shifter?
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Make sure you shift rail isn't hitting the crossmember. Mine was doing that.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

It also helps to be rolling to shift.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Ok I will try it again. The rail is not hitting the crossmember when parked, but very close. I'm going to re-engineer the linkage for hopefully a straighter pull/push.
          1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Try shifting rear into N first, then shift front into N. You probably tried that already but thought I'd suggest anyway. After I overhauled my Dana 20 I lubed those shift rails and replaced the shift rail seals..man what a difference!
            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
            X