'long' belly pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'long' belly pans

So I finally noticed that I apparently rode my tranny pretty well after getting hung up somewhere on con/fordyce. One of the big ribs on the ZF is all but goen, and one of the 'pto' covers is ground down to the bolts.

SOOOOOO, I need to make a 'full' length belly pan, BUT the driveshaft is obviously an issue, as is the third link.

I could tie into my motor mounts, but is that a bad idea strengthwise?

Anyone have pics of theirs?

Re: 'long' belly pans

I would suggest looking at comparable skids that they sell for jeeps... to get a good idea. I think the best design idea I've seen is a piece of 2"x 3/8" flat bar bent in a "U" shape under the oil pan to support the front of the skid. I wouldn't hang it off of the motor mounts but rather the frame or motor mount towers. That way any impact directs force straight to the frame and not the engine. For the rear of the skid you could try to tie it into your belly skid.
    Last edited by Efibroncoman; 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Re: 'long' belly pans

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f232/...on-skid-770961

Shouldn't be to hard to make this or a version of.

Comment

Working...
      X