2" push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" push

I would like to hear some talk about the streetability of your Bronco after you did a 2" push. I have 79 full widths & going to do new coil buckets that correct the bow problem any way. I've read a few times about using a 94 dodge 4x4 pitman arm that is 1" shorter already & that 2 " is the magic number your steering box will not be an issue. But how does it drive down the freeway? Mine is going to be damn near daily driver & I have 2 kiddos that go every where with me. I want it to be safe & easy to drive still.

Re: 2" push

I started with a 3" push on the rear axle, and then did a 6" push in the front. Both times it drove better on the road. The longer the wheelbase the straighter it wants to drive. I used to run the dodge pitman arm on mine.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The longer your wheel base the more stable you will be on the street.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

This Bronco is at 104" WB (6"f/6"r) and uses a 79 bronco steering box with no mods forward facing pitman arm. I'ts still EB width but goes down the fwy like a Lincoln....testament that longer is better!!!

If your going to all the trouble to move stuff 3", go 6" and be glad you did!
        Attached Files
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have already done my 4" back now I think I'll do just 2" forward. I already have the one ton high steering & good power steering system. So no one has anything bad to say about worse bump steer or anything like that? I imagine it will turn faster with a shorter pitman arm??

Comment

I did 2 inches in the front, 4x4x2 box moved forward 2 inches also. I do think it is worth it, but there are a few things to watch out for. Your drag link will be directly under your cross member, which might be an issue. Depending on how you do it the trac bar can get tricky. I didn't do the dodge pitman arm, I might still do that. A shorter pitman arm will make it turn slower.
            Build thread

Comment

I'm planning on doing my 2" front axle push forward this winter. I've tryed looking threw the search on here & cant find a build thread of someone doing it. Can anyone lead me to one? I want to be prepaired & try to do it fast.
              I'm still working on my excuses on why I "need" it for the wife.....

Comment

I did the 2" thing last winter, had to shave the front crossmember a little due to the draglink coming into contact with it at full stuff and the steering at full lock. Best thing I did and the guy's are right the street ability got alot better.I'm running a jeep drop pitman arm which is shorter than the ford, and yes it does turn slower....(Fawking Heeps)
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X