Dana 60 knuckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 60 knuckles

What are you guys doing with your knuckles? Has anybody tried to plate a set of stock ones or go with the bling and get Reid's?
    sigpic

Re: Dana 60 knuckles

I went with the bling, but had considered getting the plating kit. Forget the vendor on PBB, but someone was making pre-cut stuff.

Comment

Time X Money รท Quality = Reid

For "X" amount of dollars more the product strength and looks outweigh the saving of plating. Not to mention the hours of labor welding onto a casted knuckle
      Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Check out the keyed knuckles from SOLID before you make a decision. I've been running them for three years and so are several of my friends with Zero issues.
        '75 Bronco in the works..
        '69/2012 FJ40 with some stuff.

Comment

I plated a set of stock Ford knuckles using a $75 kit off of Pirate. I wanted to toughin' them up til I was ready to pull the trigger and spend $600 on Reid knuckles. But I haven't seen or heard of any plate knuckles getting broken. Even seen some crazy fabricated ones on rigs that run into trees and rocks at speed... I think it's a good little project to save you all money. Just remember to pre-heat, weld and post heat as well as letting them cool in sand over the course of 24 hours.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Reid for me. Love them

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I will check out Solids as well.
              sigpic

Comment

If you have stock knuckles and dont use histeer, I would plate them. IF your drag link goes to pass side, and you are using the stock arms for tierod, hydro assist, I still think you would be OK with stock plated knuckles, but it all depends on rig and driving style really.

I got my reids for a screaming deal, some vendor was having a big sale a few years ago, and couldnt pass it up.

Comment

Damon, thats the setup i'm using, draglink to high steer arm, tie rod to factory mounts with hydro assist. Who makes a good plating kit?
                  sigpic

Comment

There is a pretty good plating thred on pirate right now.
                    I run Reid knuckles.

My views on the plating is all your really doing is welding 3/16- 1/4 low carbon steel on the knuckles, in an attempt to make it thicker. The Reid knuckles are not just a thicker metal, but made from better alloys. They are thicker in the right spots as they were engineered.
                    They are located in pleasant hill, they'd be happy to show why you should buy from them.
                    Mark Harris
                    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                    X