time for rebirth of my 73 sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for rebirth of my 73 sport

well I parked her 4 or five years ago bad c-4 with intention of just rebuilding trany .got to busy . now im dying to get going on her . with all the great mods disc., overdrive ,fuel injection . i've got 92 t-bird ho engine in her but running a carb an mech fuel pump, I have a 1993 ford f150 2wd with a 5.0 an overdrive trany can I use this truck or would it just be better to go explorer / mustang im looking for a reliable truck something I can afford to drive an yet get there an back .

Re: time for rebirth of my 73 sport

Welcome to the forum. I don't have the info you seek but I'm sure others will.

Comment

Re: time for rebirth of my 73 sport

If I understand correctly, your Bronco currently has a 1992 T-bird 5.0 that you swapped a carburetor intake and mechanical fuel pump onto. If that is the case and the engine is good, then leave it in place and swap EFI stuff back onto it.

The F150 EFI intake is pretty tall; unless you have a lot of body lift and a raised hood I doubt you'll squeeze it in there.

If you still have the T-Bird upper/lower manifold I'd say run that. If not, an Explorer upper and lower would be a good swap and they are plentiful in the junk yards. Mustang upper/lower would be fine too, I just don't see them very often in the yards anymore. Explorer (GT40) style is an improvement over the Mustang manifolds and given that its more easily found that's my suggestion.

Then you just need a harness, ECM, the various sensors, fuel rails and lines, high pressure pump, etc...

Welcome aboard.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Working...
      X