Best Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Seats

So finally in between travel softball and raising kids, my bronco is finally heading the other direction. Motor is built. Frame painted and body is about to get fixed up. New wiring harness and 23 gallon tank after that.

My questions are:

What is everyone running for seats? I have the stock seats but I am 6'-3" and don't offer a lot of support.
    I know I can go to WH and order some fancy seats but what pick and pull seats swap over easy?

Bryan

Re: Best Seats

In the same boat. My baja rs seats with slider tracks leave me looking at the window frame and potentially hitting my head on the roll bar. Without tracks itd doable but not ideal.
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

The seats that were in my bronco previously were out of an early 90's supra I believe
      Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Baja rs with view finder
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy6200 View Post
          Baja rs with view finder
          That's cheating.
          Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

I am around the same height as you at 6'3 or so and had a similar problem findings seats that worked for me. I ended up with a pair of PRP bucket seats that I ordered in custom colors to accent my interior a bit. I don't recall exactly how much I paid but I know it was less than most of the options available from the vendors. I ordered them from a Rock Buggy parts house that no longer exists.

My long term impression of the seats is that they could use some improvements but overall they are pretty comfortable and supportive. They could use help in the Lumbar department and it would be nice if they reclined - the seat back position is good for me most of the time, but there are times when I'd like a little more adjustment.

The seats (with sliders) sit lower to the floor than most options that I've seen (especially with sliders). Only complaint is that since I've switched to 3 point harnesses, the driver's seat bolster is wearing a little from contact with the belt. Otherwise they have held up very well and have cleaned up nicely after being wet.

Last year I bought a 2013 VW Passat TDI as a commuter. I now want to get a pair of seats from one, to adapt to my Bronco. I have the SEL premium package - the seats are adjustable in just about every direction, and they're heated. They sit very low to the floor and I've already measured, they'd go nicely in the Bronco on some custom mounts. Maybe one day...
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I believe my seats are out of an early '90's Honda Prelude. You'll have to fab the mounting brackets for them though.

Comment

I got my seats out of the Pick N Pull yard and came out of an Acura Integra. They are comfortable and slide and recline. They have a side bolster to keep you planted in the seat although they are not as high as a good off road seat offers. I've been happy them.

Comment

Im 6'3" and had some subaru outback seats in my old full size that were decent seats. Still have them, and not using them if you are interested. Lumbar, tilt,slider, etc. Cloth, tan.

Im now running PRP 8 tall, also have a 4 tall. I prefer the 4 tall, but thats for the wife. If you are near me, you are welcome to sit in the seats if you are considering aftermarket. A butt test is really the only way to know.

Comment

Working...
                  X