passengers side air box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passengers side air box

Is there a way to remove the passengers side air box without removing the front fender? I may have a new use for that space...and removing the fender isn't something that I want to do.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: passengers side air box

If there is, im sure you'd regret doing as im sure it would result in paint damage
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
      If there is, im sure you'd regret doing as im sure it would result in paint damage
      Kinda looks that way. Feels like with the right amount of coaxing it would be doable but maybe I'll just yank the fender, as much as I don't want to.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I cut mine apart in sections to get to the bolts.
        Mine was junk and I did not feel like pulling the fender because I was worried would not be able to get it back on.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
          It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I cut mine apart in sections to get to the bolts.
          Mine was junk and I did not feel like pulling the fender because I was worried would not be able to get it back on.
          I have a similar concern - mainly one of will I be able to get it aligned the same way again. I don't have a great track record with aligning body panels as of late.

the reason I am considering this, is that it looks like my new onboard air compressor might fit nicely in that spot. It did however occur to me that my EFI computer is mounted underneath there, which may make mounting the compressor more of a challenge... bolts running into each other, etc. I get the feeling I am heading down the path of redoing lots of things. ugh!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

As long as you are not concerned about saving the box careful cutting and patience will allow you to remove it without taking the fender off.
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Working...
            X