Dana 60 rear drum brake rebuild kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 60 rear drum brake rebuild kits?

So my 71 has a Dana 60. I rebuilt the front 44 with discs (had them already), new master, front lines, proportioning valve etc. I was bleeding brakes and the rear brakes had fluid coming out for a bit, but then less and less fluid came out. I checked the rear res and it was full. I'm thinking of just replacing all brake lines to the drums and rebuilding the drums, but haven't found any one that has the lines for a 60. Suggestions?

Re: Dana 60 rear drum brake rebuild kits?

Originally posted by Tankguy81 View Post
    So my 71 has a Dana 60. I rebuilt the front 44 with discs (had them already), new master, front lines, proportioning valve etc. I was bleeding brakes and the rear brakes had fluid coming out for a bit, but then less and less fluid came out. I checked the rear res and it was full. I'm thinking of just replacing all brake lines to the drums and rebuilding the drums, but haven't found any one that has the lines for a 60. Suggestions?
    I'd recommend to look into swapping to disk brakes in the rear if you are able. Take a look at Ruff Stuff website, they have bolt on or weld on brackets for the dana 60 and information on the swap. Regarding the lines, I would say just make your own. Pick up some hard brake lines from the part store and bend them to the shape of your axle. The part stores have a bunch of different lengths. I put disk brakes on mine using the caddy calipers and ran hard lines from the T to each side of the axle, welded on a bracket to convert to steel braided lines with banjo bolts. Pretty simple and straight forward.

Comment

The rear brakes on the dana 60 will use standard 3/16 inch diameter double flared tubing.

You can get pre-formed tubing from any auto parts store, including Oreilly. Just ask to look at the universal brake line assortment in the back.

Pre-formed tube lengths are unusual lengths, like 8 inch, 10 inch, 20, 30, 40, etc. Not normal feet. You can use a regular tubing bender and bend to shape.

Should cost less than $10 to do your rear axle.

Cheap, easy, reliable, effective drum brakes.

Comment

Cool thanks guys!

Comment

I used this tubing it's awesome easy to bend and flair
          http://www.amazon.com/Seamless-Coppe.../dp/B00A02C9H0

Comment

Working...
          X