4R70W cooling set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4R70W cooling set up

What the best cooling setup for cooling a 4r70w?
    my plan is to run the 6 pass derale with fan on the fenderwell as WH and BC suggest as well as a small plate style (which i havent found yet) in front of the radiator. Maybe even head to P&P and get one off of a 5.0 explorer. Looking for input from experience or any set ups that have worked well. Any help is appreciated

Re: 4R70W cooling set up

Originally posted by Joe Lickey View Post
    What the best cooling setup for cooling a 4r70w?
    my plan is to run the 6 pass derale with fan on the fenderwell as WH and BC suggest as well as a small plate style (which i havent found yet) in front of the radiator. Maybe even head to P&P and get one off of a 5.0 explorer. Looking for input from experience or any set ups that have worked well. Any help is appreciated
    I have one here you can have off my 98 Explorer donor... Tried selling it, but no bites. I have not made it to the recycler's yet...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

really? that would be great i really appreciate it. My in laws live in Gilroy maybe i can arrange a pick up. That being said what set up are you running and how well is it working?

Comment

I guess this is the best picture I have... Hayden cooler biggest one I could fit. Mounted to the rad support. It is the only cooler. I just started it today, so I can say it did not overheat in the driveway .

I can throw in the PS cooler if you want that? Same price.

PM me if your family needs directions... I am off Santa Teresa
        Attached Files
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Plate style will work the best in the front. I have mine under the rad with a fan it never gets over 190*
          Attached Files
          Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Auto tranny coolers are easy, just figure out where you want it, and buy the biggest one with it's one fan you can fit.

I've got some massive Derale unit mounted under the drivers side floor board.
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
            X