Skyjacker Softride leaf springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyjacker Softride leaf springs

I'm currently running 3.5" wild horse front springs with a rats nest of stock rear springs and an add a leaf in the rear on my 73. It rides "ok" better with the top on, a little bouncy with the top off.

I've been wanting to swap out rear springs for a while but just can't swing a set of 11 leaf springs from WildHorses or Tom's. I have the chance to pick up some 4.5" skyjacker softrides that are brand new for a sweet deal but I haven't read anything about them.

I had softride springs front and rear on my fullsize bronco and thought they were pretty decent.

Anyone run them on an early bronco have some feedback on them?
    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Re: Skyjacker Softride leaf springs

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
    I'm currently running 3.5" wild horse front springs with a rats nest of stock rear springs and an add a leaf in the rear on my 73. It rides "ok" better with the top on, a little bouncy with the top off.

I've been wanting to swap out rear springs for a while but just can't swing a set of 11 leaf springs from WildHorses or Tom's. I have the chance to pick up some 4.5" skyjacker softrides that are brand new for a sweet deal but I haven't read anything about them.

I had softride springs front and rear on my fullsize bronco and thought they were pretty decent.

Anyone run them on an early bronco have some feedback on them?
    I had one of their 3.5" suspension lift kits on my 1990 F150 and it gave a great ride. They also stand behind their products.

Given the drop that will occur from the hardtop and spare tire weight, 4.5" might drop to a 3.5". But if you take off the top, the ride might not be all that great... Probably need some shims to keep pinion angle acceptable too.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
    X